Can Minoxidil Be The Cause Of My Hairloss?

Samarth Sanjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
dOXpX3jUST265JalAzEUKw.jpg
fullsizeoutput_455e.jpeg
for the past 3 years, I had been using local minoxidil in India until I moved to us. my hair was alright without much hair fall but no new hairs. after I moved to us, I started using Rogaine and I started the whole process of hair loss in the first 4 weeks and then my hair got stronger, thicker and I got many new hairs but after 8 months my hair started falling rapidly in just 1 month. the only changes I had made were moved to a new apartment, ordered rogaine from Amazon and started having a bath just once in 2 days. what might be the reason for my hair fall? rogaine? should I try a different brand? i have attached the before and after 1.5-2 months picture .

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 83207View attachment 83208 for the past 3 years, I had been using local minoxidil in India until I moved to us. my hair was alright without much hair fall but no new hairs. after I moved to us, I started using Rogaine and I started the whole process of hair loss in the first 4 weeks and then my hair got stronger, thicker and I got many new hairs but after 8 months my hair started falling rapidly in just 1 month. the only changes I had made were moved to a new apartment, ordered rogaine from Amazon and started having a bath just once in 2 days. what might be the reason for my hair fall? rogaine? should I try a different brand? i have attached the before and after 1.5-2 months picture .

1.Bath has no connection with hairloss, if scalp hygine is maintained then its ok.
2.Changing brand can be one of the reasons. Were you using Minoxidil with finasteride? Tell me the brand name?
3.At times after relocation, people face hairloss. For example i’ve heard people moving from delhi to mumbai or NY to mexico do face shed & do recover when they return.
4.Do you have balding genes? If yes! track when did your dad & grand father started experiencing hairloss. Because your dht got active & is aggressive.
5.This is what i don’t want to say “bhai”, minoxidil generally works for 2 years for anyone. Like it is claimed finasteride helps you buy 5years & hence people switch to dutasteride.
you’ve used it for 3 years, you’ve kind of utilised the actual timeframe which min gives you. Maybe its time for you to get on finasteride, or add dht blocker like topical finasteride/ru in min or pray brotzu lotion is out soon.

Last edited:

Samarth Sanjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
1.Bath has no connection with hairloss, if scalp hygine is maintained then its ok.
2.Changing brand can be one of the reasons. Were you using Minoxidil with finasteride? Tell me the brand name?
3.At times after relocation, people face hairloss. For example i’ve heard people moving from delhi to mumbai or NY to mexico do face shed & do recover when they return.
4.Do you have balding genes? If yes! track when did your dad & grand father started experiencing hairloss. Because your dht got active & is aggressive.
5.This is what i don’t want to say “bhai”, minoxidil generally works for 2 years for anyone. Like it is claimed finasteride helps you buy 5years & hence people switch to dutasteride.
you’ve used it for 3 years, you’ve kind of utilised the actual timeframe which min gives you. Maybe its time for you to get on finasteride, or add dht blocker like topical finasteride/ru in min or pray brotzu lotion is out soon.

I understand what you say but how can minoxidil just stop working like that from the day i change my apartment? cant be right?
i still feel i should just change brand.
can i get my hair back .

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand what you say but how can minoxidil just stop working like that from the day i change my apartment? cant be right?
i still feel i should just change brand.
can i get my hair back .

Maybe its co incidental that minoxidil’s effect ended as you shifted.
If you strongly feel its because of the shift and not effect, try changing the brand.

If its aggressive DHT, then add antiandrogens in your diet, stop smoking if you do & no weight training.
Finasteride like products do come with side effects too, not for all, but do your risk to reward comparison before hopping.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you strongly feel its because of the shift and not effect, try changing the brand.

If its aggressive DHT, then add antiandrogens in your diet, stop smoking if you do & no weight training.
Finasteride like products do come with side effects too, not for all, but do your risk to reward comparison before hopping.
no weight training? :(

Samarth Sanjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride? :)

which minoxidil brand is as good as Rogaine? anyways ive decided to get a 2nd opinion from a dermatologist,so lets see how that goes
thanks

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no weight training? :(
Even i love gymming, but left it as my male pattern baldness started. Isolate weigh protein is know to speed up aggressively and normal one also increases. As we do exercise with heavy weights, our testosterone increases.
which minoxidil brand is as good as Rogaine? anyways ive decided to get a 2nd opinion from a dermatologist,so lets see how that goes
thanks
I’m also new to this stuff, using minokem-f, it has 5% minoxidil with .1% finasteride. I’ve started it from yesterday only.
My hope is on the brotzu lotion, to be launched in 6months time frame(maybe). Hopefully my hair can manage that long and probably minoxidil can give me atleast 6months time when i’ve just started using it.

Sanjay do one thing, try derma rolling then apply rogaine. But do consult your derma first.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you diagnosed with alopecia?

The before photo seems good hair, and if you use a product that modify natural hair cycle, it can make hairloss.

Samarth Sanjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you diagnosed with alopecia?

The before photo seems good hair, and if you use a product that modify natural hair cycle, it can make hairloss.

Believe it or not ! All this has happened in a time frame of 1 month ! I’ve changed nothing ! Just got new rogaine from amazon and from the past 2 days I started with the equate brand of minoxidil ! Even that seems to not work :/