Can Minoxidil And Nizoral Alone Buy Me Some Time?

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen that I'm slightly thinning all over my scalp (not that bad) and even though I'm seeing a dermatologist soon I would like to know your opinion in these treatments alone. I'm curious about the possibility of at least slowing the process while in these treatments (and if I'm lucky enough obtain some regrowth) till the new treatments arrive (say in 2-3 years in the best case scenario, but well who knows?).

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can buy you a year or two if you have slight hair loss, but for moderate to aggressive hair loss, I would recommend finasteride. In fact I wish I had gone on it the moment I realized I was losing hair.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can buy you a year or two if you have slight hair loss, but for moderate to aggressive hair loss, I would recommend finasteride. In fact I wish I had gone on it the moment I realized I was losing hair.
For many those are the two of the Big 3 that alone are not enough to prevent the inevitable.

But is not likely that I loose hair even faster right? or that my hair looks less thick. I mean, 1-2 years would be great and I guess there are always bad responders but I don’t know, maybe maintainance is achievable

resu

Reaction score
Minoxidil yes, you hit the max results at around 1 year or so then you slowly get back to the starting point, Nizoral no.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil yes, you hit the max results at around 1 year or so then you slowly get back to the starting point, Nizoral no.

Then in case I start with minoxidil only, would it be better to do it with or without dermarolling?

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Depends. minoxidil can do wonders especially for diffuse thinners who don't have receding hairlines. 5 years and more is not unheard of.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends. minoxidil can do wonders especially for diffuse thinners who don't have receding hairlines. 5 years and more is not unheard of.

My hairline is practically the same as ever, maybe slight recession but nothing to worry about. It's just when my hair is wet I can see kind of a nw6 pattern that is going to develop in the next years.

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline is practically the same as ever, maybe slight recession but nothing to worry about. It's just when my hair is wet I can see kind of a nw6 pattern that is going to develop in the next years.
Look at my history and check my pictures (dramatic thinning). Let me know if it's similar to your situation

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, it can bring you 2+ years, even if your hairloss is very agressive.

resu

Reaction score

Alone I haven't seen many good long lasting results, short term yes and isn't uncommon, some people also get lazy or take the extra density for granted and stop using it religiously and lose the gains.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alone I haven't seen many good long lasting results, short term yes and isn't uncommon, some people also get lazy or take the extra density for granted and stop using it religiously and lose the gains.

You bet I’m going to apply it twice a day and never fail an application at least till I start a new treatment (assuming something will be here in the near future, hopes always low just in case). Stopping hair loss can’t be taken for granted.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
But is not likely that I loose hair even faster right? or that my hair looks less thick. I mean, 1-2 years would be great and I guess there are always bad responders but I don’t know, maybe maintainance is achievable

Your number one priority is finasteride, without it the rest is a big fat waste of f*****g time. Accept balding or get on it, minoxidil and nizoral on their own are a waste of time.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did exactly that for a while (started minoxidil at 24 and nizoral at 26) and I think it did buy me some time, I've been using hair fibers for a while though which probably fooled me into thinking the problem wasn't as bad as it really was. I'm 28 about to be 29 and now going on finistaride.

Tonixity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you were absolutely right. What is your current regimen right now? I’ve read that minoxidil worked pretty well for you

I took minoxidil for 3 months back in 2013 and my hair felt much stronger. I was doing he 5% once a day after the shower.

My hairloss stopped since but since 2 years I'm losing a lot of hair. I had very dense hair before I think I lost 40% throughout all those years. I am honestly scared of finasteride.

I'm going to start with minoxidil and regenepure soon. If in 6 months no result I'll jump on topical finasteride

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took minoxidil for 3 months back in 2013 and my hair felt much stronger. I was doing he 5% once a day after the shower.

My hairloss stopped since but since 2 years I'm losing a lot of hair. I had very dense hair before I think I lost 40% throughout all those years. I am honestly scared of finasteride.

I'm going to start with minoxidil and regenepure soon. If in 6 months no result I'll jump on topical finasteride

I like that regime. I think I'm trying the same for 6-7 months (minoxidil and regenepure) and if not, I'm jumping on topical finasteride.