Can male pattern baldness which occurs at a young age be non aggressive?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd say definitely, my male pattern baldness started just before turning 19 and I'm 20 now and I'm not even sure it's moved an inch.
male pattern baldness in my family hits young and slowly chops away an inch every couple or so years. So give or take 10-15 years I'll be edging into NW3-4 territory.

I'll see guys around me with perfect NW1 hairlines and eventually they'll catch up to my hair loss that is in 10 or so years.
Dude how is finasteride? Any side effects? I currently have watery semen...

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Hair was thinning since I was maybe 18 or so, it started at the temples.
My temples currently still look great, for some reason, it just stopped, but instead I had aggressive thinning on the top of my head for a few years before I got on the big three.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Dude how is finasteride? Any side effects? I currently have watery semen...

I thought he threw in the towel. I believe he got gyno after a couple of doses.

bfassassin

Reaction score
My hair started thinning at 20. I definitely thought I'd have to shave slick bald by 22 from what I was reading on reddit and what people my age were posting on forums. I'm 25 now but before I started the big 3(5 months ago and 24) I receded only about half an inch in 4 years(still NW1 I'd say). male pattern baldness is unpredictable, you just never know.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair receeded a bit at 17/18 and then was stable for a few years. When I went uni at 24 I lost most of my hair over 3 years. Diffuse loss is a bastard.

I guess you just never know with hairloss, although like with most things I'd imagine the earlier it starts the worse your prognosis