Can Low Testosterone Levels Cause Hair Loss?

flr

Reaction score
hi all,

So, you probably know the important role testosterone plays in a man’s life. Recently...after some research, I found that lower Testosterone can cause hairloss. "After age 30, most men begin to experience a gradual decline in testosterone. A decrease in sex drive sometimes accompanies the drop in testosterone, leading many men to mistakenly believe that their loss of interest in sex is simply due to getting older."

So I have some Symptoms of Low Testosterone :

-Decreased body energy
-Depression
-Have trouble concentrating
-Insomnia or too sleepy
-Sweating (frequently)
-Pectoral (breast) fat
-Fatigue easily
-Pot Belly
-Decreased muscle mass and strength
-Loss of body hair and head hair
-Smaller, softer testes
-Lower sperm count
-Obtaining and maintaining an erection
-Loss of bone mass leading to osteoporosis

These symptoms usually belong to elderly people !! So if you are young ( 20-30 + yo) and you have this symptoms is possible to have Low Testosterone !
Think... As you get older, as more hair falls from your head and those symptoms...begin to appear...Elderly people usually have a low levels of testosterone
Personally, I think I have 70-80% of those symptoms, except those about erection(libido). But to be sure I should take some blood tests. These problems appeared since my hairloss started (4-5 years ago). Until then I was energetic,full of life, full of hair, no sweating, no decrease in my enjoyment of life, no belly, no loss of body hair,no muscle decreased, etc

And I just spoke with my doctor. So those who have this problems probably they need to try to increase their testosterone level (especially me), and their problems will be solved (slowly by slowly) and maybe this, can slow down your hair loss. Of course, to regain your hair, maybe you should go with: The big 3 treatment. :unsure:
BUT: Here is the tricky part: If you have lower levels of testosterone you cand lose your hair - If you have a high level of tesosterone you can lose your hair !!!

so be verry carefully with Testosterone levels beause it can cause serious problems !

resu

Reaction score
I have almost all of those symptoms and have wondered if they were related.

flr

Reaction score
If you have those symptoms + hair loss, probably you have a low testosterone !
A low testosterone actually creates high DHT levels ("to cover up those loses")

I forgot to mention a main symtom:
Weak body hair + your hair is growing slow (you shave less)

Here you have a full article about LOW T: http://www.medicinenet.com/low_testosterone/article.htm

- - - Updated - - -

YES !! I found another article abot Testosterone: LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS can accelerate hair loss because your body make more DHT to compensate for missing Testosterone !

So Low T. is on of the main factors of hair loss !!! :hmmm:

abcdefg

Reaction score
Having low T seems like it would be good for hair loss. If your body makes more DHT to compensate somehow why would it be beneficial to raise your androgen levels even more? I personally would never raise my androgen levels on purpose.