Can Lifting And Exercising Speed Up Hairloss?

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, im currently taking finasteride and it has slown down the pace of my hairloss, now i want to go to the gym, not to bodybuild though, just get into shape and get a lean body. Will it speed up the hairloss even if im taking finasteride? I wouldnt take proteins or kreatine, just exercising a bit.

shravani

My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone who exercise a lot, I would hope and think that the small amount of hormonal increase you can get from exercising would be netted out by the other health benefits you get from it. Increased circulation and overall health.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it can do that, it's because of the hormones. You should take some medicine which helps beat hairloss. I recommend that you check out that from eDrugStore.com for example. I am pretty sure that you will find something there, good luck

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
No it doesn't.
Been lifting for almost 2 years now, and my hair is similar to before.
Ironically, actually lost my most hair when I was not lifting.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it does. Lifting increases T which increases DHT which increases hair loss. Stop lifting if you value your hair
There's absolutely zero scientific evidence to support any of what you just said unless you're on a heavy cycle of steroids. Lifting weights and exercising your body does not cause hair loss period. There's plenty of guys in my gym who have lifted all their life and show no signs of hair loss so how do you correlate that? Educate yourself before exercising such a ludicrous statement

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
There's absolutely zero scientific evidence to support any of what you just said unless you're on a heavy cycle of steroids. Lifting weights and exercising your body does not cause hair loss period. There's plenty of guys in my gym who have lifted all their life and show no signs of hair loss so how do you correlate that? Educate yourself before exercising such a ludicrous statement
None of them have male pattern baldness genes durr

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you think DHT comes from lmao
Hair loss is not caused by bloodstream DHT, it is caused by intrafollicular 5AR. The question is does working out increase 5AR activity in the follicle, and you wont find a study on that. Hair loss has less to do with DHT but more with 5AR.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think that it can, particularly with hypertrophy/power training that increases test to a modest degree; however, it probably won't make a major difference. Aerobic exercise probably has an even less of an effect. On the other hand, the increased vasodilation might counteract it altogether. Overall, I think it's safe to say that exercise is pretty negligible.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss is not caused by bloodstream DHT, it is caused by intrafollicular 5AR. The question is does working out increase 5AR activity in the follicle, and you wont find a study on that. Hair loss has less to do with DHT but more with 5AR.
So why do bodybuilders who take Test lose their hair?
Hur Dur

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a human being you are expected to exercise. Please do so. No, you will not lose more hair if you started strength training, assuming you do not take any anabolics.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there were any possible movement of the body that relieved hair loss, short of massage, I think that we would know it by now. Conversely, maybe there are a copy of concomitant factors that can increase hair loss but none of them appear to be significant and I don't think people losing hair should stop any life activities for "the benefit of their hair". It just won't matter, nor will eating soy or stopping ejaculation or really anything short of castration, chemical or mechanical coupled with estradiol.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't lose hair faster from lifting weights, the increased testosterone from muscle gain/fat loss is a myth and broscience, if you do get increased in testosterone, it will be marginal, it's not gonna be anywhere near as enough to actually accelerate hairloss.

but on the other hand if you start doing steroids or even TRT, then yes that will accelerate hairloss because that's gonna skyrocket your androgens

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it does. Lifting increases T which increases DHT which increases hair loss. Stop lifting if you value your hair

actually lost my most hair when I was not lifting, and have pretty much maintained after lifting with LLLT + Zix

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plenty, look up squats and increasing test. The evidence is as old as time

even if it did (which is does not), having hair and being very out of shape is unattractive

I used to be very skinny and despite having a good set of hair , being out of shape negatively affected me when going on dates

For a long time I refused to go to the gym in case I would ‘accelerate hair loss’, I lost hair anyway - hair line, crown, vertex

if you are that concerned, start treating your hair loss whilst going to the gym