can lack of sleep and stress really cause me to shed?

xcrusher

Reaction score
i've been shedding a lot of hair recently and the only differences in my life have been since the new school semester started, i've been getting less sleep but I've also been excersizing more. i have to walk farther distances and usually power walk them. other than that my diet and lifestyle is pretty much the same.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be a factor, yes. But if you notice your hair feels/looks thinner in the typical male pattern baldness hair loss zone than at the back, then it's probably male pattern baldness.

shookwun

Reaction score
buzz your head. One of the easiest ways to see your balding pattern

those who don't have male pattern baldness, their sides, back and top will resemble each other i texture, colour, and density. for those with male pattern baldness you will see different patterns of diffuse.

Gooseorgander

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I had a similar experience a few years ago, because of work I was getting 4 or 5 hours sleep a night. I really noticed over time my hair was shedding in the male pattern baldness areas, looked like my hairline was receding a lot and getting a lot thinner! I went on DHT blocker and minoxidil for 3 months and got my sleeping pattern back normal. Slowly my hair started to get thicker. Still not sure if it was due to the lack of sleep or not. I'm pretty sure it was.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
buzz your head. One of the easiest ways to see your balding pattern

those who don't have male pattern baldness, their sides, back and top will resemble each other i texture, colour, and density. for those with male pattern baldness you will see different patterns of diffuse.

#TERRIFYINGASF*CK

bobby26

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I had a similar experience a few years ago, because of work I was getting 4 or 5 hours sleep a night. I really noticed over time my hair was shedding in the male pattern baldness areas, looked like my hairline was receding a lot and getting a lot thinner! I went on DHT blocker and minoxidil for 3 months and got my sleeping pattern back normal. Slowly my hair started to get thicker. Still not sure if it was due to the lack of sleep or not. I'm pretty sure it was.

Gooseorgander , are you still on finasteride and min ?I experienced intense stress for a period of 3 years and many sleepless nights.I have thinning all over , more so on the top and the temples.Did you take any other vitamin kinda stuff along with finasteride and min .