can L-arginine save minoxidil induced hair?

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
After contemplatating what's worse, losing your hair, or growing longer body hair and having some hair grow where it shouldn't, i decided the later is worse. i've been on minoxidil for about 8 months now, and even though it seemed to have slowed down and maybe stop the hairloss, the side effects are just not worth it. i was curious if anyone else stopped minoxidil and used another stimulate that saved any new hair that grew from minoxidil? i was considering dropping minoxidil for L-arginine.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
the only thing that can maintain minoxidil induced hair, is minoxidil!

Stingray

Reaction score
The best part of hair is that you can always remove it if it's inconveniencing you. Unfortunately, the opposite isn't true. You can always trim excess body hair, and other things like that...but you can't grow hair at will when it conveniences you. If minoxidil is working, DON'T stop. You're doing yourself a disservice.

But don't take my word for it.

G

ams99... where was your hairloss source...was it frontal recession???

Afro Thunder

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
afro, i have a 3x3inch area of bad diffuse thinning in the crown area. the big 3 hasn't done much but halt hair loss. i might have got a little bit of regrowth at the back of the vertex, but hardly anything to brag about.