Can i still get more growth from finasteride after a year?

danch

Reaction score
Hey all, i've been taking 1.25mg finasteride a day for almost a year now and i have noticed regrowth on my hairline which has been nice, and im pretty sure my crown has at least stopped losing but i cannot really tell if i've had any regrowth or thickening there at all. Just wondering if i will still have a chance of any regrowth on my crown at this point or do you think from your experience that i will only be able to maintain what i already have at this point? Also on a side note i use minoxidil and when i apply it to my crown i seem to still notice little baby hairs shedding onto my hands yet i dont seem to be thinning more up there.

Thanks for any replies

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the trial results showed you can get more hair after a year. One year is when you first start to notice, and it gets better after that.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
danch, your hair will continue to maintain and improve on Finasteride since you're responding well to the medication from what you described. About Minoxidil, it's normal to have those little baby hairs shed onto your hands when applying the medication. That means the hair follicles are getting rid of the weak hairs so new thicker and healthy ones can grow in. It's normal to have shedding without hair thinning get worse. I use Minoxidil, and I shed hair when applying the treatment and my hair continues to improve. It's quite possible to be getting hair regrowth while shedding at the same time. Shedding does not always equal miniaturization.

danch

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Araujo, this is great news i guess i will continue with my regimen and hope for the best!

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
Im in a similar boat, 9 months on finasteride (3 years on minoxidil). My crown was restored but this one side or my hairline is killing me im hoping it fills in more around a year