Can I Start Working Out While On Finasteride?

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using finasteride since the 4th of June and have been taking it every day around the same time. Since it's a DHT blocker, can I start working out again? I used to work out back in January - March, but noticed I started losing more hair during that time so I stopped. Can I continue working out now since I'm on Finasteride? Or if I do work out, will that effect the finasteride process?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped working out on the assumption that more testosterone = more dht.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether that is accurate or not I do not know. I couldn't find reliable answers, just bro science, so I figured "why chance it?" And quit.

I just want to continue doing pull ups... I just hope finasteride blocks the DHT as I work out

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to continue doing pull ups... I just hope finasteride blocks the DHT as I work out

I'm sure it blocks the conversion no matter what you do, but my concern is that if finasteride only blocks 60-70% wouldn't an increase in testosterone lead to more dht that in turn wouldn't be blocked?

I don't know, never got an answer.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure it blocks the conversion no matter what you do, but my concern is that if finasteride only blocks 60-70% wouldn't an increase in testosterone lead to more dht that in turn wouldn't be blocked?

I don't know, never got an answer.

It's blocks 80% or more of DHT. And I'm not sure

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, exercising or working out isn't going to make you bald lol. I understand it makes sense in theory but it's still going to block 80% of DHT regardless.

Zach Loar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, exercising or working out isn't going to make you bald lol. I understand it makes sense in theory but it's still going to block 80% of DHT regardless.

So I can work out without worrying about increasing more dht?

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I can work out without worrying about increasing more dht?
I'm not sure about the science behind it but it doesn't matter if it does or doesn't. If you're on finasteride then almost all DHT is going to be blocked anyways. A fair analogy is that it's like Dwayne Johnson not eating one burger over the fear of getting fat. You are already taking finasteride which is blocking almost all DHT your body is producing.