Can I Start With A Crown Hair Transplant?

KingIntheNorwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to improve my hair but do not have sufficient time to take off from work for a hair transplant. One of my main concerns is my crown which I have suffered loss in in the Norwood 3v pattern. It is not slick bald by any means but you can definitely tell there is loss there.

I am wondering if it is possible to have a fue hair transplant done to supplement my crown without shaving the top of my head. By doing this I am hoping to get some improvement but without having to go full blown surgery patient look and then take care of the mid area of the head later in a series of smaller hair transplants. Has anyone done this/have any feedback as to it’s feasibility? Thanks

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to improve my hair but do not have sufficient time to take off from work for a hair transplant. One of my main concerns is my crown which I have suffered loss in in the Norwood 3v pattern. It is not slick bald by any means but you can definitely tell there is loss there.

I am wondering if it is possible to have a fue hair transplant done to supplement my crown without shaving the top of my head. By doing this I am hoping to get some improvement but without having to go full blown surgery patient look and then take care of the mid area of the head later in a series of smaller hair transplants. Has anyone done this/have any feedback as to it’s feasibility? Thanks

Post photos. Really depends on the size of your vertex problem, but most doctors will focus on the frontal third first. Do an online consultation with Erdogan from Turkey, and ********, Lupanzula and Feriduni from Belgium.

For single procedures involving both vertex and hairlines Erdogan can't be beat for FUE.

The "series of smaller hair transplants" idea is a bad one, it's a long road to getting your results, you have about ten days after the procedure of looking pretty bad and 3 months of looking worse than you did initially. Not something you want to endure over and over from a cost or life perspective.

Last edited:

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, they can place grafts in areas that are not shaven. Just a warning though, there is the chance for some shock loss.

pintosamuel

Reaction score
What I know is that surgeons focus on the frontal hairline first. You shouldn't immediately jump into a hair transplant just because you want to fix things. Surgeons, I believe, would look at how your hair loss would progress first and when it has finally stabilized before anything can be set in stone. This is not to deprive you of the promising results, but to ensure that you have a good outcome and to avoid any repeat or corrective procedures.
This is as far as I understood, but I hope it helps.
I have been following this blog when I was doing my own research too - http://www.aihr.com.au/blog. Maybe you can get some insights yourself.
All the best to you and your surgery!