Can I regrow hair...

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using Minoxidil + Nizoral? I think I'm NW2.5 and I would like at very least to stop the slow hair loss. Of course I have the ambition of growing back a NW1.5 at least or so, I would do anything that's not over my financial power, to keep my head full of hair. What do you think? Have you had any success stories with minoxidil + Nizoral or Nizoral solely?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes minoxidil would probably regrow your hair but you will still eventually lose unless you take finasteride/dutasteride. You want to at least stop your hairloss finasteride by itself is your best shot.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand and know that minoxidil will eventually regrow my hair but the thing is, will I be able to hold it on my head, when I stop using Nizoral, even if I lose hairs really slow? Or if I use Nizoral to wash the hair?

failly

Reaction score
You wil regrow hair. But you will lose others. You need to take finasteride in order to keep what you have. Take Proscar and cut it in 4, it will cost almost nothing compared to propecia

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You wil regrow hair. But you will lose others. You need to take finasteride in order to keep what you have. Take Proscar and cut it in 4, it will cost almost nothing compared to propecia
I understand. I am trying to delay using Proscar/Propecia as much as possible. The question is, if I lose hair really slow (on sides, crown is fine), when I stop using Minoxidil will I shed faster?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
If you stop, you will lose all the hairs that have been growing due to minoxidil. Problem is, if you aren't blocking dht, the hairs you apply minoxidil to will still continue to shrink and shed until there is nothing left. They will grow faster as a miniaturized follicle, but who the **** wants that. finasteride----->minoxidil------------------->nizoral. Without finasteride, you will bald, minoxidil or no minoxidil.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you stop, you will lose all the hairs that have been growing due to minoxidil. Problem is, if you aren't blocking dht, the hairs you apply minoxidil to will still continue to shrink and shed until there is nothing left. They will grow faster as a miniaturized follicle, but who the **** wants that. finasteride----->minoxidil------------------->nizoral. Without finasteride, you will bald, minoxidil or no minoxidil.
I see.
Do you know if there's any other option to block DHT than taking pills (Finasteride)?

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
I see.
Do you know if there's any other option to block DHT than taking pills (Finasteride)?

Topical anti-androgens.

Topical RU seems the most effective by what ive read on these forums. Itwas a topical developed a while back but it never got released, however you can still buy it as an experimental chemical.

Topical finasteride or topical spyro are the others. All three have been known to cause similar side effects, but generally not to the extent of orally.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
im hoping minoxidil can regrow some of my hair but it seems to be making me balder...

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That tuff of hair fell out so that stronger hairs can replace them, as long as you keep applying minoxidil.