Can I just throw my lace piece in boiling water to get rid of residual glue?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn´t sound good.
Why don´t you just put some c-22 or whatever in a plastic box, put the piece in and let it work for 24 h ?

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't throw it in boiling water - just leave it to soak for an hour or so in warm water. If you aren't worried about longevity then a little soap should get things moving.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I would not boil it or deep soak. You gotta be gentle and use 99% alcohol on a towel and massage it gently.
My issue with deep soaking or boiling is the knots may get loose. Just my experience I try to keep washing to a minimum.
Good luck!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Honestly I would not boil it or deep soak. You gotta be gentle and use 99% alcohol on a towel and massage it gently.
My issue with deep soaking or boiling is the knots may get loose. Just my experience I try to keep washing to a minimum.
Good luck!
Can you explain how soaking makes the knots loose please?

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! The idea here is that the soaking for long period will loosen the knots as they are more slippery when wet and with whatever product in the water.
I actually used to soak as well but after hearing feedback from guys on here and then trying myself ive noticed less hair shed. I also find if you keep the system clean and do maintenance on a weekly basis cleaning is a breeze

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Hey! The idea here is that the soaking for long period will loosen the knots as they are more slippery when wet and with whatever product in the water.
I actually used to soak as well but after hearing feedback from guys on here and then trying myself ive noticed less hair shed. I also find if you keep the system clean and do maintenance on a weekly basis cleaning is a breeze
Wouldn't you also have to pull on them as well? Though, that's what I probably do when I scrape the glue away. But if I didn't scrape, wouldn't it be back to normal after drying?

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you’re using only glue on your system or tape? Or both?
I mean if youre in a situation where the glue is deep into the lace then unfortunately some rubbing and wear may occur just to get it out. I would spray some 99% alcohol directly on the glued up lace and then get a towel and dab some 99% alcohol on that and then in circular motions gently rub the glue out of the lace. The towel should pick up the glue.

if youre using glue id definitely do service much more frequently to avoid this in the future.
Have you considered tape? I use red walker tape and walker ultra hold along perimeter and walker signature on hairline, just set back a touch from the hairline (maybe like 1-2mm set back nothing crazy, just so the tape is not right on the edge) and i have pretty good results. Mind you im not slicking back my hair but my hairline is somewhat exposed.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I don't want to use tape, because I don't know what they are made of. I want to know exactly what chemical I'm absorbing 24/7 for the rest of my life.
Doing it more often than every 4 weeks is just too much unfortunately for me. I want to forget about it for a month. Hopefully I will somehow be less lazy in the future. Yet, it is quite difficult to remove before 4 weeks, because the glue is really strong. I'm trying thinner layers every time. Maybe this can solve the issue.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Understood, I sometimes worry about the chemicals as well. However i'm willing to bet the tape does not breakdown and therefore absorb as much into your body but I'm definitely not an expert so don't take my word for it.

I feel you about the wanting to forget about it. I used to do that 4 weeks at a time, slowly I learned to do things myself at home service wise and honestly it takes me maybe 30-40 mins etc per week. Goodluck I hope the glue gets easier for you!