Can i get a hair transplant at that age?

Warty99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
im 22 and wondering if i can get a hair transplant. Im on finasteride for 1.5 years without side effects and 1 year on minoxidil. My hairloss seems stable - havent got worse since i started. I have always had receded hairline, even on photos where i was 10 years old. On photos with wet hair i was 17yo, the rest is actual.
I'm not interested in low hairline, just lower it down a bit or make that part in the middle more like V. Im fine with shaving my head bald but not at that age. Right now i can hide it pretty well, that someone who dont know cannot tell that my hairline is like that, but its exhausting to always think about how it is looking after every stronger wind blow and styling it the same way every single day.

Attachments

• 17yearsold.PNG
    17yearsold.PNG
    48.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 17yearsold2.PNG
    17yearsold2.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4153.jpg
    IMG_4153.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4157.jpg
    IMG_4157.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Przechwytywanie.PNG
    Przechwytywanie.PNG
    534.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Przechwytywanie1.PNG
    Przechwytywanie1.PNG
    193.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Przechwytywanie3.PNG
    Przechwytywanie3.PNG
    115.6 KB · Views: 241

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
im 22 and wondering if i can get a hair transplant. Im on finasteride for 1.5 years without side effects and 1 year on minoxidil. My hairloss seems stable - havent got worse since i started. I have always had receded hairline, even on photos where i was 10 years old. On photos with wet hair i was 17yo, the rest is actual.
I'm not interested in low hairline, just lower it down a bit or make that part in the middle more like V. Im fine with shaving my head bald but not at that age. Right now i can hide it pretty well, that someone who dont know cannot tell that my hairline is like that, but its exhausting to always think about how it is looking after every stronger wind blow and styling it the same way every single day.
Possibly since your are actually bald in front and that won't ever come back. Regardless, surgery requires finasteride/duta for maintenance so you might start taking it now to maintain as much as possible both before and after.
Janey

computer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you get a hair transplant? Yes.
Should you get a hair transplant? That's up to you.

Just make sure you have a strong donor area and keep on the finasteride no matter what as I assume you already know this. And you mention you were born with a receding hairline since a young age. I have had one like that as well but they are referred to as "mature hairlines" and have nothing to do with whether you'll bald in the future or not.

You mention that you don't care about shaving it and going bald in the future, but yet you want to have a transplant at 22/23 so you can have hair till you're in your mid 30's then shave it if you keep receding? It's your life and up to you but remember about the scarring. Since you're looking into a transplant at such a young age I also HIGHLY recommend going with an FUT rather than an FUE since you don't want to over harvest your donor area. But then remember FUT causes more of a prominent scar rather than an FUE, but both procedures make visible unappealing scarring just in their own ways. But there should be no point in doing a transplant if you plan on shaving the entire thing in the future. It's either you fight for your hair for the rest of your life or not. It's not something you do for a short term then give up. Hope this helps.