Can I Get A Better Hairline Using A Lace System?

shookwun

Reaction score
Decrease in density ASAP.

color, blend, and cut in look good. That hairline though, looks suspicious.

Cant see any graduation, and see through follicles.

shookwun

Reaction score
DYI is the only viable solution to hair systems.

Pay your dues, learn from your mistakes and do it yourself. Should only visit a salon for cut ins. Rest can easily be done yourself.

Light density system with graduation tend to be the best, especially for those who don't have strong sides, and back hair.

These salons are sh*t, and it's far to common I keep hearing about these horrible experiences similar to mine.

I cut my second system myself and it ended up being better then these supposed professionals.

If you rely on salons you will be severely dissapointed, and stressed like Noah already mentioned. Its a learning curve, but eventually you get better and will be much happier doing it yourself.

Avoid medium density systems. Most never look naira and will bring unwanted attention. Light density is dense and will match someone's native hair with good density. Without hairline graduation you will look like you are wearing a wig

Jamieuk1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. I am in work right now, and people do keep looking. It is far denser than my bio hair.

I would order and DIY but it is almost impossible to find a salon that will cut in when you are not buyong the system from them!

Urgh

James

Jamieuk1

My Regimen
Reaction score
All; what is your take on 'plucking' some hairs out of lace hair system with tweezers at the hair line?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its an option, but time consuming to be done correctly and that means slowly to get it natural.

Paget1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jamie, I sent you a PM.

Pay your dues, learn from your mistakes and do it yourself. Should only visit a salon for cut ins. Rest can easily be done yourself.

Light density system with graduation tend to be the best, especially for those who don't have strong sides, and back hair.

These salons are sh*t, and it's far to common I keep hearing about these horrible experiences similar to mine.

I cut my second system myself and it ended up being better then these supposed professionals.

If you rely on salons you will be severely dissapointed, and stressed like Noah already mentioned. Its a learning curve, but eventually you get better and will be much happier doing it yourself.

Avoid medium density systems. Most never look naira and will bring unwanted attention. Light density is dense and will match someone's native hair with good density. Without hairline graduation you will look like you are wearing a wig

How do I PM on forum? If you can help thanks

Paget1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ant - I sent you a PM

Hi Paget - First of course you want to know what kind of systems they are selling. Many salons seem to prefer plastic based ("thinskin") systems, but for the average guy lace is better in my view, and you absolutely need a lace hairline if you want to be able to wear your hair combed off your forehead with the hairline visible.

Second, ask them how maintenance of the system works. Steer clear of any salon which suggests that you can keep the piece on for longer than 10 days at a time. Be wary of a salon that purports to do everything for you, and where you are not expected to take the system off or put it on yourself. For your own peace of mind you need to retain control of your system, even if in practice you usually let a salon do the maintenance.

Most reputable salons should be able to let you meet an existing customer who wears one of their systems. Those guys are usually getting cheap systems in exchange for talking to prospective new customers, but at least you will be able to have a good look at the hairline, the color match and the blend between the system hair and the real hair, and assess whether you would be OK to live with a similar outcome. At best, you can take him for a coffee and he will give you the behind the scenes gen on the salon and the system.

Assuming you are happy with that and want to proceed, you should discuss (1) what, if any, commitment you are being asked to make in terms of future payments or purchases; (2) what after-sales service they will provide and at what cost; (3) what adhesives they will be using, and how long they can be expected to last; (4) how long the system itself should be expected to last, and what assurances they can give if it doesn't (for example if it loses hair). You should ask them to set aside a free appointment to take you through the whole process of removing, cleaning and reattaching.

After sales service is the most important thing when you are starting out. Frequently people find that the first choice of adhesive doesn't work that well, or maybe causes irritation. There a lots of choices out there, but you want them to work with you to experiment until you find the right combination. So you want a commitment that in the first month they will provide up to X hours of time (ideally free) to work with you if you have any teething problems - e.g. the glue not working, the hairline lifting, the system losing hair, you can get the system on in the right position etc. etc. Hopefully by the end of the first month you should be getting the hang of it.

Noah

How do I PM on the forum? If you can send details thanks.

Ant70c

My Regimen
Reaction score

What saloon did you go to ? Where you get your system from ?