Can I come off minoxidl after years use and use ru instead?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've the same question. I've read here that once you've started minoxidil you should stay on it forever because if you stop using it you'll lose the hair that you gained, but I'm not sure if you'd also lose even more hair than if you had never used minoxidil in the first place, and not only those ''minoxidil hairs'' that you had gained.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could do micro-needling and drop min. If you didn't get a lot of gains you're likely not going to loose much, and by introducing micro-needling you could potentially keep what you got maybe more.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you lose the hairs if you’re on an intense regimen like HRT and anti-androgens?

Ive been wanting to use topical min on my hairline but I also don’t wanna use it forever

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I am a bit stuck on on whether to get dr pen a6 or derminator? Any suggestions

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the derminator. It's very good I've had it for two years. If it will run off a wall outlit should be sufficient. I'd Just think batteries will get weak. I've never used the A6 tho

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently using minoxidil (1year)
Started finasteride again but first time whilst using both together for month.
And I’m now on nizoral and will start micro needling asap.
I was thinking to keep on this and see what using all 4 together will do, but the Belgravia in uk is really expensive, do you know any place I can get minoxidil for 12.5% from or what I could potentially replace it with?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidilmax has 10% and 15%. I have 15% and cut it with ethanol so I get 7.5% and get twice as much. It also has some other helpful ingredients. So, I take 10ml min, add 10ml ethanol, and add .5 grams of RU.

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay mate is that liquid form? I was thinking of including ru, is 0.5 grams the normal amount to add. And is this all included on the website?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay mate is that liquid form? I was thinking of including ru, is 0.5 grams the normal amount to add. And is this all included on the website?
Yes liquid. I make small batches 20ml at 2.5% RU. It's been regularly suggested to mix at 5% RU. But I suggest starting low. After 3 months you can always mix it stronger. It also depends on how much product you use. If you use 2 ml at a time your still going to get the same mg of RU as you would of if you mixed it at 5%.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They aren’t interchangeable. It’s the equivalent of thinking you can come off anti-depressants because you start taking Tylenol.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you come of minoxidil you may go through a massive shed. I did it once and had a traumatic shed and went right back on it.

jazz1

Reaction score
Shed shed shed and loss.....