Can I apply the dutasteride straight up as a topical?

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only take 4x 0.5 dutasteride every week (finasteride on the other days), which leaves me with 3 pills of dutasteride left over every week.

I want to reduce scalp DHT - can I just take the liquid out of the capsul and apply it to the skin? Should I micro needle first? My skin is sensitive which is why minoxidil was never a success for me.

I do not care about system absorption as I never had side effects from it orally.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been adding a few capsules of dutasteride to my bottle minoxidil. This may be better for absorption with the alcohol than just a straight on opened capsule on scalp.

joelortiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been adding a few capsules of dutasteride to my bottle minoxidil. This may be better for absorption with the alcohol than just a straight on opened capsule on scalp.
did you see any result ? i saw a post from you in 2014.You said that you are adding dutasteride caps into minoxidil.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
did you see any result ? i saw a post from you in 2014.You said that you are adding dutasteride caps into minoxidil.
I got sides a bit so I stopped. Not much happened in 2014 however either. I recently got back into it this year - with all the talk about topical dutasteride and finasteride I figured it has to work some. So far no sides came back. I’m trying 2 tabs dutasteride in minoxidil. I’m getting really bad diffuse and crown I need more action. I recently went to 1/2 a tab Proscar which is Bernstein’s advise when over 5 years use ( I’m over 20 years finasteride use now).

mark1970

My Regimen
Reaction score
but how do you know your getting correct dose ,,? there is a company in Amsterdam thats sells this but you havre to fly out for a consultation but seems a lot of faf

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got sides a bit so I stopped. Not much happened in 2014 however either. I recently got back into it this year - with all the talk about topical dutasteride and finasteride I figured it has to work some. So far no sides came back. I’m trying 2 tabs dutasteride in minoxidil. I’m getting really bad diffuse and crown I need more action. I recently went to 1/2 a tab Proscar which is Bernstein’s advise when over 5 years use ( I’m over 20 years finasteride use now).
How often do you use topical dutasteride and what's the dose