Can Hairloss Stop At Some Point Of Recession?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jude Law's hairline has seemed to have been at the same point of recession for years now and it got me wondering, is it possible for hairloss to naturally stop at some point of recession, like his, or is it that he must have gone on something to maintain where he is?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can stop, nobody knows if his stopped or he is using something that is holding it in place. Everybody is different, patterns differ very much and nobody knows exactly how it could be, from my research and from what the science says the earlier you start balding the most chances your gonna lose your whole top but it's not 100% for everybody and things could go different depending on every individuals pattern.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it can, but i personally wouldn't take the risk, it is much easier to maintain with current normal treatments than regrow, especially your temples. I would say start treatments just as a precaution if your temples start to deteriorate but it's up for each individual to make that decision. My temples don't bother me much tbh, it's just my crown that is the problem.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure it can. But more likely you'll look like Telly Savalas in due time. So unless you like the cojack look, well, you know the drill.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
For me I don't think it stopped but it stabilised after about 6 months to a year after I first noticed I was losing hair.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss has so many possibilities. You can start balding in your twenties but at 45-50 still have a very decent amount of hair left. You could have a perfect head of hair at 40 and by the time your 45 you've lost your entire crown and/or hairline. You could lose some hair early and at 70 have pretty decent hair, you could go to your 60s with perfect and and bald by 65. There are simply too many scenarios that can fold with hairloss.

Balding or having some recession early isnt necessarily a death sentence. Just as your not safe even in your 40s even if you have good hair at that age.

However, theres a difference between balding and balding. For some people the balding /recession process is so slow and very non-aggressive, that even if they start receding early, the process will take forever so they still manage to keep a very good head of hair in later years. For some people the recession can be very aggressive, and in those cases i think its really rare for the recession/balding to stop.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yeah...it always stops somewhere, but no one can tell you where or when that will be. Not everyone who’s balding ends up with the horseshoe, but there’s no way to look at two people with similar thinning and have any idea of what they will look like in 10+ years...one could be a NW2-3 and the other full on NW7.