can finesteride cause digestive problems?

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
can finesteride cause digestive problems? anyone else here on finasteride having digestion problems? ive been on finasteride for about 6 month straight and for about 6 months ive been having chronic diarrhea and i didnt want to blame finasteride so i have been changing my diet, eating less processed foods, etc but its just not getting better and im starting to wonder if its finasteride...can anyone else here relate? i want to keep doing finasteride/min/nizoral cus i been at it so long i dont want to stop, but i feel like if i cant figure this out i may have to quit finasteride cus honestly im not seeing much improvement in my hair and i dont want to lose my physical health too...

also has anyone here decided to just shave the head? if im going bald and have to shave i rather just shave the whole head cus i hate how it looks all receded and ****, so do you just shave your head with the same razer you shave with? how often do you shave your head? daily? that sounds annoying as hell too :(

Reaction score
If you shave you will have to do it daily so that it keeps looking nice. Every second day does not look so pleasant. There are some special razors for shaving the head. I also tried it and things were quite fine and fast with my electric shaver.

Diarrhea could be connected to taking finasteride

http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/finasteride/diarrhea

There is some evidence that it is some possible side effect. If it is the same for 6 month it is possible that it will not get any better soon and that you will have to cope with not taking it any longer. Best to talk with some competent doctor about this.

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah it kinda sucks how male pattern baldness seems to stop like 3/4ths of the way, leaving the hair in the back to taunt us more lol...would be better if it just finished the job so we didnt have to shave that remaining hair everyday lol.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
yeah it kinda sucks how male pattern baldness seems to stop like 3/4ths of the way, leaving the hair in the back to taunt us more lol...would be better if it just finished the job so we didnt have to shave that remaining hair everyday lol.

That is your precious donor hair bro, harvest it to the max!

simplyi9

Reaction score
my friend complained about it but never really narrowed it down to it. It's one of my concerns as well.

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe should I wait a couple more years until I'm like a NW6 and then get a hair transplant? technically speaking i am still NW2, but with my diffuse thinning it looks REALLY bad!

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It doesn't say how much finasteride you are taking daily but you might try to split your daily dose and take half twice a day to see if that helps. It's also possible you have a food allergy you don't know about.

justoracle

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for a little over 3 weeks and just this weekend I had digestive problems like never before and was wondering the same thing. I ended up in urgent care yesterday (super bowl sunday!) I asked the dr if finasteride could be causing it and all she said was if finasteride was causing such problem it would have been noticed earlier. She did blood work and it came back OK, not sure what they checked for though.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol I've been on finasteride for 6 months now I don't have chronic diarrhea but sometimes I've noticed after taking my morning finasteride pill I take a dump like 15 mins after o_O

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol I've been on finasteride for 6 months now I don't have chronic diarrhea but sometimes I've noticed after taking my morning finasteride pill I take a dump like 15 mins after o_O
Could just be the time day.
Most people have bowel movements in the morning, its just based off of circadian rhythms.
I've never had issues with finasteride causing poo problems.
Coffee however is a different story. I feel bad for the other washroom goers after my afternoon cup of joe.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could just be the time day.
Most people have bowel movements in the morning, its just based off of circadian rhythms.
I've never had issues with finasteride causing poo problems.
Coffee however is a different story. I feel bad for the other washroom goers after my afternoon cup of joe.
True although with my rotating work schedule I work for 5 days one week and the next I only work 1 day so on that week I'm off 6 days and wake up at different times .. Pop that finasteride pill and poo 15 mins later B-)

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
ive been on finasteride for about 6 month straight and for about 6 months ive been having chronic diarrhea

Damn, your *** must hurt like hell after 6 months of diarrhea.