Can exercize impact hair loss?

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
Being fit/ getting more testosterone going on, etc, can this impact hair loss levels at all, or the rate of loss?

Felk

Reaction score
I can see being fit and exercising regularly having only a positive effect, if any. It helps a vast array of different conditions that don't seem immediately related.

Hormones and your body's physiology are far more complex than exercise --> increase testosterone --> increase hair loss

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I've trainned off and on for years and when im at my peak health my hair looks better not worse. Excercise helps with blood flow. Its better than being fat and lazy. You're bound to lose more hair that way.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Regular cardio exercise Is supposedly supposed to lower overall testosterone levels, if you do it for long periods of time, Like lifting weights for 10 minutes at a time on a regular basis would hypothetically higher your testosterone levels, while running for 45 minutes or so would lower it, if done on a regular and consistent basis.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I have found high volume intense weight training/bodybuilding aggravates hair loss. Whether this is hormonal (i.e. T levels rising to deal with the increased physical load) or the body interpreting the physical activity as a stressor which then goes on to promote hair loss I'm not sure. I tend to keep the efforts in the gym moderate now for this reason, no more super heavy sets to failure and no training for longer than 30 minutes with weights. And I get a lot more aerobic exercise and I'm in good shape!