Can exercise cause hair loss?

powersam

Reaction score
looking at the people playing different sports can be very interesting when you related it to balding i think.

as has been previously noted distance cyclists seem to rarely go bald. you'll probably also have noticed its more likely for the goalie to be bald than the rest of the team in soccer.

not many bald tennis players out there either, but quite a lot of rugby union players are. makes you think lifestyle must play a reasonably large role hey.

nb/ i am only concerned with premature baldness. what happens after 40 really doesnt concern me.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have posted this in some other threads too. Whenever I come back home from a nice workout, I am horny like hell. My libido is really really high. I mean on one hand I am tired after a whole day of working and then a rigorous workout but on the other hand my libido is so high. So exercise has something to do with T and DHT and this must be affecting hair in some way, good or bad I cant say.

Plus my scalp itches like crazy after coming back, maybe its just the sweat.

whatever it be I will continue to work out

powersam

Reaction score
the reason i said that is because its only premature baldness which concerns me. what happens to my hair after 40 really doesnt bother me. i'm 25 and quite a few of my friends are balding quite severely.

danish82

Reaction score
Uhm, I play a lot of soccer, and im in a 40 man team, and at least 15% is balding, and they are all under 30 years.

The Gardener

Reaction score
danish82 said:
Uhm, I play a lot of soccer, and im in a 40 man team, and at least 15% is balding, and they are all under 30 years.
That sounds like a very typical distribution of male pattern baldness in an average population at that age.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't think weight lifting speeds up hairloss.
Even if it did, wouldn't mixing in a good amount of cardio with your work out balance everything out?

I usually run 15 min on the treadmill before and another 30 after my workout. Hairloss has actually slowed down a bit.

s.a.f

Reaction score
(Q) DOES LIFTING WEIGHTS CAUSE HAIRLOSS?
(A) NO.

Are all bodybuilders bald ?
Genetics cause hairloss.