Can Even A Short Peroid Of Minoxidil Use Cause Permanent Damage To The Skin Around The Eyes?

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there are so much horrorstories you read

especially concerning is that a lot of people seem to have developed dark circles and tear throughs in a short amount of time like 1 -2 weeks or so

is that really enough time?

im asking bc i might want to use is flr beard growth..

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think the horror stories really reflect reality.

While it seems Minoxidil is not collagen FRIENDLY, it is also not acid for your skin. People wouldn't develop tear troughs in 1-2 weeks. If they are applying it to their face Minoxidil can cause some water retention and if you already have an issue then it will exacerbate it. Most men do not have a great anti aging routine going on so by the time they hit 30 and are using Minoxidil they will already be suffering from age related effects on the skin.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think the horror stories really reflect reality.

While it seems Minoxidil is not collagen FRIENDLY, it is also not acid for your skin. People wouldn't develop tear troughs in 1-2 weeks. If they are applying it to their face Minoxidil can cause some water retention and if you already have an issue then it will exacerbate it. Most men do not have a great anti aging routine going on so by the time they hit 30 and are using Minoxidil they will already be suffering from age related effects on the skin.

so you would say a few weeks are safe?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you would say a few weeks are safe?

I really don't think using min for a few weeks is going to give you benefits. It can definitely negatively affect your skin. Some are allergic and swell up, some get bags and/or lines under their eyes. Personally, I never got wrinkles from topical min but it made my pores look massive and gave me dark circles under my eyes. I did noticed increased skin aging on oral min.

Last edited:

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why only for a few weeks? even if it doesnt mess up your skin, what you are likely to get with just a few weeks use is a shed. and also some people report after they stop min that they think it actually hurt their hair growth, they are below baseline. i wouldnt use it unless the intention is for daily, permanent use. or until a better replacement is found.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I re

I really don't think using min for a few weeks is going to give you benefits. It can definitely negatively affect your skin. Some are allergic and swell up, some get bags and/or lines under their eyes. Personally, I never got wrinkles from topical min but it made my pores look massive and gave me dark circles under my eyes. I did noticed increased skin aging on oral min.

did ur dark circles ever go away?

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dont do it

i used it for beard gains for only one week and it caused permanent damage

tear through way deeper

dark circles

skin where i put minoxidil on still feels like leather..there are different kind of collagen..the good youthful flexibel collagen and the sh*t leather collagen you get with ageing

and i think minoxidil transform the good into bad collagen which is permanent

i still have this month after quiting and im losing hope it will go back to normal

freaks me out everytime i touch it witz my fingers

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure you have tried everything but dermarolling + vitamin c serum + copper peptides really brought my face back.

As far as dark circles go - not really. People still say I look tired all the time. I have tried some stuff to lighten them and it’s helped a little. If I could go back I would probably choose to have never started Min. However, I think I would lose a lot of hair if I stop. For a beard though...you couldn’t pay me to do it.