Can dye stain french lace hair system?

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm planning to use Henna and Indigo dye which is a natural dye both to give my bio hair more shine as well as match the color perfectly to the hair system, but in general can the lace units be stained by dye? If so what do you do to fix it?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair dye can stain lace, yes. I would recommend you don't use a permanent hair dye - instead try a semi permanent one or a colour depositing conditioner like Back2Natural, which is designed for hair systems. If you don't have a parting or an exposed hairline, then it doesn't matter too much about staining the lace a bit with dye as nobody will see it anyway. However if you DO have a parting or exposed hairline then you should keep the dye off the lace as much as possible. One way to do this is to apply the dye with a hair dye applicator brush, and be sure to gently brush it on the hair, then comb it through, making sure you avoid the base. Then after you've left the hair dye on for a while (read the instructions as to how long), be sure to rinse it under the shower until the water runs clear so you can get rid of the excess dye on your hair system.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair dye can stain lace, yes. I would recommend you don't use a permanent hair dye - instead try a semi permanent one or a colour depositing conditioner like Back2Natural, which is designed for hair systems. If you don't have a parting or an exposed hairline, then it doesn't matter too much about staining the lace a bit with dye as nobody will see it anyway. However if you DO have a parting or exposed hairline then you should keep the dye off the lace as much as possible. One way to do this is to apply the dye with a hair dye applicator brush, and be sure to gently brush it on the hair, then comb it through, making sure you avoid the base. Then after you've left the hair dye on for a while (read the instructions as to how long), be sure to rinse it under the shower until the water runs clear so you can get rid of the excess dye on your hair system.
Thanks, will definitely be careful when the time comes. I also came across this video after a youtube search seeing if there was a way to keep the dye from staining the lace which seems like it may be good using got2b products, I'm not experienced though so not sure if there's anything wrong with this method

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, will definitely be careful when the time comes. I also came across this video after a youtube search seeing if there was a way to keep the dye from staining the lace which seems like it may be good using got2b products, I'm not experienced though so not sure if there's anything wrong with this method
There is no better way to learn about wearing hair than watching ethnic women's videos. Got2B's uses are non-ending!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the girl in this video has a lace as in French or Swiss lace unit at all. I think her "lace" is mono. I've noticed a lot of lace front wigs have an untearable portion of monofilament at the front, which is what prompted me to shift from lace to mono! ;)

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's definitely mono - but great tutorial. I will try it on an old lace piece. Or a piece of an old lace piece!

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's definitely mono - but great tutorial. I will try it on an old lace piece. Or a piece of an old lace piece!
That's some pretty clear looking mono if so, one concern I had about a mono piece with a lace front is that if I have a part I hear the contrast from the mono is a bit more visible