Can coffee prevent Propecia to be absorbed well in the body?

skull

Reaction score
I know that you can't take many Vitamins and Minerals along with coffee because caffeine prevents them from being absorbed well, is this also the case with Propecia? because I take it in the morning when I also drink my coffee.
Thank for your response!

skull

Reaction score
OH NO.
I thought there is going to be an easy answer.
I can't start my day without cofee! what should I do? switch propecia to night time? I mean with the 6 hours half life of the drug, in the morning when testosterone is highest, it's going to be less effective. I prefer to take it around 7-8 AM when Testosterone is highest.
I would like to hear people on this subject... thank you very much.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude it was an easy answer. I'll quote it here:

There are some suggestions I’ve read about on the web that point to some decreased absorption with coffee or alcohol because of the increased frequency of urination… but there’s no certain connection that I know of between drinking coffee and Propecia absorption. You should be fine with the coffee, but grapefruits have been shown to decrease finasteride’s absorbtion

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually switched to taking finasteride in the morning, instead of before bed, because I read that alcohol may interfere. The odd time I would have a beer before going to bed, but considering I have at least six cups of coffee a day, I may need to rethink this.