Can Coconut Oil Help With Hair Growth?

FudgeMoney24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is an interesting article regarding one of the natural remedies often discussed to aid with hair loss

https://www.craftsupplyclub.com/blogs/news/does-coconut-oil-help-hair-grow

Looks like coconut oil doesn't necessarily stimulate growth specifically, but should definitely be included in your hair care regimen as it seems to make hair healthier overall.

Has anyone here had any success with coconut oil for thinning hair?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the science is dubious, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I will be spiking my next bottle of conditioner with both coconut oil and nigella sativa oil.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be very careful with it, coconut oil has a very high Comedogenic rating (meaning it clogs pores). I also looked into this in the past but due to the amount of people on other forums saying it increased their hairloss I decided to ditch it. But everyone reacts to things differently.

TNTS

Reaction score
yes, you could google it. I have used virgin coconut oil and i notice some inflammation if applied for long time (over 4-5 hours), probably due to pore clogging. No issues with fractionated form.

whous26

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, you could google it. I have used virgin coconut oil and i notice some inflammation if applied for long time (over 4-5 hours), probably due to pore clogging. No issues with fractionated form.
Thanks for your answer , and with the fractionated form , you let applied how many time?

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tey puttimg it on your face. You qill break out im greasy spots.

Its good on oral form or medicated solution