Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Rubicant112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have DUPA. It sucks. I wanna know if what I’m experiencing is specific to DUPA or not.

Basically, any time my head touches something like the couch, or my pillow, my head gets itchy. It’s especially bad if I take a shower that day like early in the morning, then go to bed. It’s so itchy on days I take a shower, and it’s not just itchy, it almost stings like as if it’s being attacked. My scalp is only itchy on whichever side I’m laying on. And go figure the worst looking spots of hair loss on the sides are where my head is touching my pillow.

I’m not sure if any one else experiences this phenomena. Kind of got me thinking. Like, I have two cats. Is it possible that my scalp could be allergic to say cat hair/dander? My identical twin brother has the same type of issue, and has a cat as well.

This is probably a crazy thought, doubt there’s anything there. I just want to know why my scalp is so damn itchy when it touches something like my couch or pillow.

Rubicant112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using ketoconazole for a year, finasteride for about 5 months, and oral minoxidil for about 4 months, but did topical minoxidil for a year. I’ve had this itch for a long time.

Rubicant112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean it sounds like some weird allergy thing but I don't think I've ever heard of sofas and pillows being the cause of baldness it sounded like dandruff itch and the shampoo is supposed to combat that
I generally don’t have an itch since being on ketoconazole. But something is happening once I lay my head down. Don’t really have any dandruff anymore. Sometimes I’ll feel an itch, go to scratch it and I’ll feel a little bump, and on my finger will be this little hard egg shaped thing, sometimes with a hair attached.

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt scalp itch is related to balding at all. Whatever you're experiencing is most likely unrelated. I read people on reddit talking about "DHT itch" and the like but as far as I can tell that's an urban legend.
What you're describing sounds like contact dermatitis. Which might be due to some kind of detergent or other allergen in your house.

Rubicant112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt scalp itch is related to balding at all. Whatever you're experiencing is most likely unrelated. I read people on reddit talking about "DHT itch" and the like but as far as I can tell that's an urban legend.
What you're describing sounds like contact dermatitis. Which might be due to some kind of detergent or other allergen in your house.
I can say that almost every single time I have an itch anywhere on my scalp there’s a hair that comes out into my finger from said itch. It’s usually a weak looking hair. I use free and clear detergent, and have for a while. I do have these weird red patches on my scalp for a very long time that get itchy, not sure what that’s about.

Attachments

• 975D7E23-2004-4068-86C2-32F1BFB3A4FB.jpeg
    975D7E23-2004-4068-86C2-32F1BFB3A4FB.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 104