Can Anyone Recommend A Shampoo To Use For Scalp Itch

GG66

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been on Finasteride for 15 years and now I'm suddenly losing ground
What I found interesting is, my scalp suddenly started itching as the hair loss kicked in
I can't use Nizoral because my scalp reacts to that also. What's interesting is it never did before
I have 2 requests
1 - can you guys recommend a shampoo
2 - can I supplement something with fibasteride to help it work

Thanks in advance

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If finasteride is starting to lose its effect then your only real option is to switch to dutasteride. If your scalp itchiness it being caused by male pattern baldness, then switching to dutasteride should reduce the itchiness, which would also imply that the dutasteride is working.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try using povidone-iodine 7.5% as a shampoo (Betadine is an example brand). You may be able to find it in shampoo form online, but it also comes in surgical scrubs (these work good as shampoos, because they lather very well). It is very effective at killing bacteria, fungus, virus, etc. It helped a ton with my scalp itch. The brand I use is made by Aplicare (7.5% scrub).

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Finasteride didn’t work until I stopped the itch. Like you Keto was not helping.

I used combination of different shampoo (And I still continuously use it, I just use it now every other days in combination with Bio shampoo)

head and shoulder
T/gel
Sebiprox
Nodé Ds +

I hope it helps,
I’m pretty sure it will drastically reduce the itch, if not you should consider duta.

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I forgot to mention you should think about supplement which can help against an eventual internal inflammation:

Turmeric
Perilla/Omega 3
Zinc + Biotin
Magnesium

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shampoo act in scalp only mnutes, better a lotion for icth scalp, pure Jojoba oil can be useful

GG66

My Regimen
Reaction score
All thank you so much truly appreciate all the responses
XsububiaX,
When you mention Bio shampoo is that one of the products you listed or a Biotin shampoo?

XSuburbiaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
All thank you so much truly appreciate all the responses
XsububiaX,
When you mention Bio shampoo is that one of the products you listed or a Biotin shampoo?

With Bio shampoo I mean gentle shampoo.

The products I listed on my first message are only treatment shampoos against itchy scalp, dandruff, dermatitis and should definitely help you. (You have to apply 5 minutes on the scalp). Finasteride started to work after 2,3 weeks of rotation of them when my scalp became clean.

On my second message I just listed some supplements you can orally take which will help against internal inflammation/hair loss.

I don’t have the name of my Bio shampoo but any gentle shampoo (sulfate free, paraben free and so on) will be good.

Last edited: