Can Anyone Recommend A More Potent Minoxidil? Tried Rogaine And Equate Minoxidil With No Results At

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could share what brand of minoxidil has worked best for them.
Ive tried bothe liquid and foam versions of Rogaine and Equate brand. Been on it for YEARS and never saw any regrowth.
If anyone here has had an experience like this and achieved results with a different product could you please let me know?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try putting tretinoin on your scalp to increase the absorption

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try putting tretinoin on your scalp to increase the absorption
Do you mean like wrinkle cream?
I thought that i read that it wasnt good for the hair. but that could have been anybody talking out their *** I guess.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean like wrinkle cream?
I thought that i read that it wasnt good for the hair. but that could have been anybody talking out their *** I guess.

The study I believe shows it to increase minoxidil effects by like 3x

I've used it before in conjunction with minoxidil, I'm thinking about using it again. Only reason I stopped is it makes me paranoid about exposing my scalp to the sun, since I don't want to put sunscreen all up in my hair

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The study I believe shows it to increase minoxidil effects by like 3x

I've used it before in conjunction with minoxidil, I'm thinking about using it again. Only reason I stopped is it makes me paranoid about exposing my scalp to the sun, since I don't want to put sunscreen all up in my hair
I just threw out a bottle of retin a because it was so harsh on my skin. The redness and peeling was more than i wanted to deal with.
Did you apply tretinoin before the minoxidil? What you used was a creamy lotion im guessing

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just threw out a bottle of retin a because it was so harsh on my skin. The redness and peeling was more than i wanted to deal with.
Did you apply tretinoin before the minoxidil? What you used was a creamy lotion im guessing

I used a gel for my hair, .025%

You have to gradually introduce it to your skin to avoid the redness and peeling

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
From purely anecdotal evidence people I've read/talked with say Lipogaine is the best minoxidil brand. Not sure how true that is. Look into derma rolling/derma stamping with minoxidil though. Suppose to offer greater regrowth than minoxidil alone.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From purely anecdotal evidence people I've read/talked with say Lipogaine is the best minoxidil brand. Not sure how true that is. Look into derma rolling/derma stamping with minoxidil though. Suppose to offer greater regrowth than minoxidil alone.
Ok, ive heard of lipogaine and i may consider it. I def tried dermastamping before and it didnt help either, but i also wasnt following the protocol properly so...