Can anyone recommend a great dermatologist in London?

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there I was just wondering if someone could recommend a great dermatologist in London?

Thanks heaps!

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 20 years which has served me great. Been losing ground the last few months so was wanting to speak to someone in the know and very experienced in hair loss about next steps to give my regime a kick.

davejones1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only recommend Dr ******** from experience, he does video consultations as isn't based in London (but does visit sometimes). All through his assistant Hilda. I went to him for similar advice, a reassuring opinion, and for long term strategising.

Probably not the exact answer you're looking for, but can only recommend from experience...

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only recommend Dr ******** from experience, he does video consultations as isn't based in London (but does visit sometimes). All through his assistant Hilda. I went to him for similar advice, a reassuring opinion, and for long term strategising.

Probably not the exact answer you're looking for, but can only recommend from experience...
Thanks can you PM who this is or his details?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly most derms are not specialized in hair, the average user here will know more than a certificied derm about current treatments and you will get quite disappointed most of the time.

I go to a certified Trichologist who is involved in hair loss research in my country and still never recommended me to do anything different that you would find here tbh.

If you are scared about drugs it can be helpful, since they deal with hundreds of patients (unlike paranoid ppl on this forum) and will know if the drug/dosage you are taking is safe or not for your case. In my case he helped me jump on Oral minoxidil and Duta without fear after knowing he has >500 patients on same dosages without issues.

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly most derms are not specialized in hair, the average user here will know more than a certificied derm about current treatments and you will get quite disappointed most of the time.

I go to a certified Trichologist who is involved in hair loss research in my country and still never recommended me to do anything different that you would find here tbh.

If you are scared about drugs it can be helpful, since they deal with hundreds of patients (unlike paranoid ppl on this forum) and will know if the drug/dosage you are taking is safe or not for your case. In my case he helped me jump on Oral minoxidil and Duta without fear after knowing he has >500 patients on same dosages without issues.
Were you on finasteride before you jumped on DUTA? IF so how has the transition been, as I've been thinking about doing the same or actually incorporating it with finasteride. I just started oral Min a week ago too. Here's hoping!

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was 1 year on finasteride before jumping yeah. It only mantained my hair without much regrowth so had to take the next step with OM+dutasteride. It's been 3 months and I have already some improvement but nothing amazing, still hoping the "late bloomer 6 month mark" miracle happens lol.

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was 1 year on finasteride before jumping yeah. It only mantained my hair without much regrowth so had to take the next step with OM+dutasteride. It's been 3 months and I have already some improvement but nothing amazing, still hoping the "late bloomer 6 month mark" miracle happens lol.
Good luck with it! I was on finasteride for 20 years and maintained nearly everything until 2 months ago.