Can anyone help? (Very anxious!)

air_canton

Reaction score
I started my finasteride 1.25mg/Minoxidil 5% in July 2005 to fight the male pattern baldness, and got fine effect. But, I reduced finasteride from 1.25 mg per day to 1.25 mg per 2days.

Disarster comes! My regrowth area now seems more and more thin even I never stop Minoxidil 5%.

Could any experienced friends tells me the reason, and if I keep finasteride 1.25 per day, can I restore my regrowth hair? (I confirm that finasteride take effect on my body).

Thank you so much!

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't take finasteride but most of the people here seem to shed every 6 months to 1 year. Keep a consistent regime and you will be fine.

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
my only guess would be that changing the dose from 1 a day to 1 every second day may have done it for you. (caused the shedding).

1 mg a day is the recommended dose. (that means everyday)
Taking 1 mg a day will give you optimal results.

air_canton

Reaction score
jay2K6 said:
I don't take finasteride but most of the people here seem to shed every 6 months to 1 year. Keep a consistent regime and you will be fine.

Do you mean most of here still shed by keeping the regime (1.25 finasteride/DAY; MINO twice a day) after one year?

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes... In general most of the people shed every 6 months or so, but changing your regime probably causes a more noticeable shed. Good luck!

air_canton

Reaction score
jay2K6 said:
Yes... In general most of the people shed every 6 months or so, but changing your regime probably causes a more noticeable shed. Good luck!

Thank you.

I think hair transplant is the only one way of solving the problem of male pattern baldness, though, I don't want to use a surgical way.

By the way, how do you keep and restore your hair?