Can anyone give me some help

ithappens

Reaction score
hey i introduced myself before. im new here dealing with hairloss. I was on a six month course of accutane which im sure didn't help my hairloss but it started a good two months in advance before the treatment as in i strated noticing it in the shower more. now though my hair is still falling out so i think i'm going to start propecia and probably some nizoral. i've heard many people here say to stay off rogaine (minoxidil) but i want to try that cause i feel it may help. the only thing i'm worried about is the face bloating. did anyone experience this while on it? any info would be appreciated thanks.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, accutane has been linked to hair loss by those who have used it and there have been a few complaints here.

If your hair loss is currently not extensive just go with Propecia and nizoral for maintenance - if you really need regrowth then add Rogaine. All topicals are a hassle, especially if you have to use 'em for the rest of your life and Rogaine is probably a lifetime commitment. There have also been a very few complaints of bloated face while using Rogaine - I'm afraid it's one of the risks you take. There are things you can to to mediate sides (check out the side effects forum) and they usually disappear on stopping the meds. Sides are not common despite what you read here. Just don't get hung up on them.

And if you value your hair, go for it.