Can anyone explain to me the BIG THREE!

mike1975

Reaction score
I understand that they include minoxidil, proscar and nizoral.

I am thinking about getting minoxidil at 5% instead of 15%. CAn anyone recommend to me which is better?

Also what is the difference between proscar and propecia? Or the generic and the regular? If i buy the generic, is there a real difference? Side effects?

Also, I have not been able to find anything about nizoral.

Also anyonerecommend a good thicking shampoo that they use? I have a feeling that the big three could shed plenty of hair in the first three months.

Thanks for any help!

Cassin

Reaction score
Start with minoxidil 5%. Save the big 15% gun for later. Minoxidil may not even be stable above 7% so for now, we will leave this one as "wait and see"

Proscar is used for another treatment just 5 times stronger(5mg). It is used for BPH. Propecia is used for male pattern baldness at 1mg. The only difference if the "fillers" used to make the pill(s). No it is not generic, their is no FDA approved generic form of the drug legally available at this time, and yet there are many out there on the internet to sell. It doesn't mean they are fakes, just not legally approved for male pattern baldness yet. Proscar is much cheaper when cut into 4ths and 5ths. This nets you about 5 months of free Finasteride when compared to Propecia. Why is Propecia so much more expensive? They prey upon our vanity and probably 98% of finasteride users have no clue Proscar exists so they succeed at it.

Find Nizoral in a store? Or find info about Nizoral?

TIGI thickening shampoo and Infusiom 23 are the best that I have used.

Keep in mind, not everyone has a bad shed.

mike1975

Reaction score
Thanks cassin!

I have done some research on Nizoral and it’s an Anti-Dandruff shampoo. I guess using minoxidil might cause dandruff. Pretty cheap too!

“This nets you about 5 months of free Finasteride when compared to Propecia.â€￾

I thought these were the same. Is there a difference?

I’m seeing that Proscar 5mg (90 pills) being sold for $90 on some sites. Is this the proper amount of $$$ to purchase these pills or do they tend to be more expensive?

I am getting this from http://www.shoprxonline.com/propecia/ If you note, they have the word generic next to Propecia and Proscar. Are these the wrong type to purchase (unsafe)? Is there a type that you can recommend?

Also as you stated, I can cut these up into 4 or 5 pieces, right? So I am guessing this will last me a while. How many pieces do I take a day.

I am new to this forum so i am not familiar with the terminology. Can you explain to me the diff between BPH and male pattern baldness. I am guessing that male pattern baldness is Male pattern balding?

Sorry about all the questions but I am worried about this whole procedure and putting things into my hair. At the moment, I really have no choice and I want to do this right. Thanks for your input!

Cassin

Reaction score
mike1975 said:
I have done some research on Nizoral and it’s an Anti-Dandruff shampoo. I guess using minoxidil might cause dandruff. Pretty cheap too!

All of us that suffer from male pattern baldness have a bit if irritation we need to deal with. We all need some sort of shampoo like this. Most of us either go for Nizoral or T-GEL. Oh, and minoxidil will cause a bit of dandruff. Especially at first.Yes, a botle should last 3 months or so. Very good price.

mike1975 said:
“This nets you about 5 months of free Finasteride when compared to Propecia.â€￾

I thought these were the same. Is there a difference?

Yup. Like I said, said, same drug. Only difference is the fillers used to produce it. The active drug is the same. Just different mg's. Another thing I said, they prey on our vanity.

mike1975 said:
I’m seeing that Proscar 5mg (90 pills) being sold for $90 on some sites. Is this the proper amount of $$$ to purchase these pills or do they tend to be more expensive?

I am getting this from http://www.shoprxonline.com/propecia/ If you note, they have the word generic next to Propecia and Proscar. Are these the wrong type to purchase (unsafe)? Is there a type that you can recommend?

I have no clue. I always go to a doctor. I never recommend people order online for various reasons. Someone else can help you with this one.

mike1975 said:
Also as you stated, I can cut these up into 4 or 5 pieces, right? So I am guessing this will last me a while. How many pieces do I take a day.

Woah slow down there Cowboy. 1 mg a day is all you need. Did you read the frequently asked questions thread at the top? I highly suggest you read it. So in other words, you get several months worth per 30 count bottle.

mike1975 said:
I am new to this forum so i am not familiar with the terminology. Can you explain to me the diff between BPH and male pattern baldness. I am guessing that male pattern baldness is Male pattern balding?

Yes you are correct. The other is a prostate problem. Thus the mg difference.
mike1975 said:
Sorry about all the questions but I am worried about this whole procedure and putting things into my hair. At the moment, I really have no choice and I want to do this right. Thanks for your input!

No your ok. At leat you asked them all at one time instead of 20 different posts. We all have this many questions at first. Sounds like you have done a lot of thought on this which is very good. Good luck. Ask away if you have anything else.

scottp999

Reaction score
I would stay away from the Indian Generics which is what that site sells. Just my opinion. Try some real merck product.

mike1975

Reaction score
do you know of any legit sites that sell merck pills instead ripping you off? I have heard that some sites will advertise the real deal product but then turn around and sell you some generic product due to the small writing stating that if they run out of the real product, they are able to substitute.

There has to be people out there who purchase these pills on line and could recommend proscar specifically from Merck. Can anyone help. Thanks.

uratramp1

Reaction score
mike1975 said:
do you know of any legit sites that sell merck pills instead ripping you off? I have heard that some sites will advertise the real deal product but then turn around and sell you some generic product due to the small writing stating that if they run out of the real product, they are able to substitute.

There has to be people out there who purchase these pills on line and could recommend proscar specifically from Merck. Can anyone help. Thanks.

.....really depends on how risk-adverse you are......if i were you I would look to obtain a 'script' from your doctor......myself? - i have been purchasing finasteride (finpecia) 1 mg from the following link, over the past year - no problems at all: http://genericchemist.com/searchresults ... b_therapy=

good luck m8 :)