Can anybody reccomend something for acne on Propecia

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I have realized that Propecia causes me to get acne. It's not all over my face like a Pizza face just BIG zits here and there, sometimes 2 or 3 togehter. These zits end up turning into hard red bumps? Anyone else experience this? The doctor gave me a face wash to try, but I don't think it will work, next I am going to see a dermotologist.

Anybody getting this with advice it would be appreciated.

MD

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
md2002 said:
Anybody getting this with advice it would be appreciated.

MD

MD - where ya been?

Get a tube of retin-a. Great for zits like you describe - and you can even rub it into your scalp.

I noticed when I bumped my finasteride intake up from 1mg EOD to 1 MG everyday - I went from a dry itchy back to red little blotchy zits all up and down my torso. It was driving me insane.

I'm not recommending this treatment - because it's extreme - but I had some Arimedix left over from a purchase when I first started back on finasteride - hoping that'd it help w/ my moobs. It didn't so I stopped using. BUT, I just recently started taking approx 1/3 ml ever M,W,F and it's really helped. The zits haven't cleared up yet - but the insane itchiness has - and I hope it's only a matter of time before the zits just go away.

As the arimedix won't last forever and I don't want to keep using that stuff anyway - I also started this week on DIM Plus from Vitacost.com. I'm hoping the DIM will pick up where the arimedix leaves off.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Hair Tommorow -

I gave up on topicals. didn't help one bit and actually made my hair worse ( Folligen, Revivogen, Nizum, Nizorel 2%, and Nano ) I came to the board to get advice on this stuff. Advice taken, but it didn't work for me. I only gave it six months but I couldn't watch my hair go down the drain any longer.

I still watch the boards to see if I can help anyone but not to much more to ask questions about. Just this zit thing. I will see if I can get some Retin A. Any suggestions where???

I'm actually going in for a 1200 graph hair transplant next month. Third one of my career, looking forward to it and excited. Big money, but tax money helps and you can't put a price on feeling good about yourself. I will be sure to post results!!! Getting the temple area done to this time?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I hear ya Bud - I went the topicals route too for the 1st year - and watched it all recede and thin all the more. Been maintaining for the last year though.

Here's some Retin-A sources. Go for the 0.05% stuff. I've been using it for years for acne - and love the stuff. Apply only in the evening and keep it away from your eyes.

PS: I do apply a thin layer to my scalp every other day too. If you want to try this - start out slow - maybe 1 - 2 x per week at first and then slowly build up.

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/iassto ... reams.html

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/hair-loss/retin-a.html

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/hair-loss/retino-a.html
(generic / best price)

ORRRRRRRR - if you're going to see your dermatologist anyway - see about getting a prescription.