Can anybody Help

thanky28

Reaction score
I'm 27yrs male with thinning hair. I'm not bald but my hair is thinning and gray, I'm afraid in matter of time I will be completely bald. I was wondering if someone could help me with my problem. It's Embarrassing when I wear gel you can actually see right thru my hair and see my scalp. My hair does grow I get a cut a least every 3 weeks, but like I said its thinning and my sides are graying fast and my scalp is visible. I have been researching online for the perfect medication for my situation, but it has only confused me more. I've read upon Procerin & Adevica and many other products, they sound good but who is telling the truth? I have read too many-mixed reviews. This is my first time trying anything for my hair loss; I want to save myself from the Embarrassment before its too late. Please give me some advice how to go about this? My wife is a Pharmacist and very skeptical about Herbal Medication, and also not to fond of Propecia or any Herbal Medication. Right about now I really don't care, I'm willing to take anything that will improve my hair. If anyone is out there that can help please email me at thanky29@yahoo.com. I will really appreciate it.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Look the only advice that is worth anything is to get on proven treatments. In order of efficacy they are:

Finasteride ( drug in propecia)
Minoxidil (drug in Rogaine)
Nizoral shampoo

Everyhting else is either a scam such as the crap you mentioned, or effective only in combination with the big 3 listed above. There are generics available fincar, generic minoxidil and you can put togethter a regimen for under 20 bucks per month.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dinzy said:
Look the only advice that is worth anything is to get on proven treatments. In order of efficacy they are:

Finasteride ( drug in propecia)
Minoxidil (drug in Rogaine)
Nizoral shampoo

Everyhting else is either a scam .

Yes those three treatments are the best available in helping hair loss. But everything else isnt a scam! Copper pepitide treatments certainely arent!

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is your wife skeptical about Propecia? I'm a little suprised at that. As mentionned above the big three should be your first port of call. And maybe some hair dye to cover up the graying areas?

thanky28

Reaction score
Thank you all

i'm allergic to all hair dye, and i started taking (proceran) its spelled wrong so they will post the name. My wife is worried about the side effects of propecia. The 3 medications are prescription drug right. Is there any herbal medication that work as the same. Thank you all for the advice. i'm going to call my doctor to get the prescription right away.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, I can understand if you're worried about Propecia side effects. You shouldn't be, but I can understand if you are.

But taking Procer*in is a complete waste of time, and if your wife is really a pharmacist then I cannot unerstand why she would be happy with you taking Procer*in.

Procer*in is a SCAM.

As for minoxidil & nizoral - neither require a prescription. Nizoral in particular will do you no harm at all, as its just a shampoo.

thanky28

Reaction score
thanks

like i said in my letter. she doesn't want me to take any herbal supplement. she doesn't trust herbal medication. right now i don;'t care what she thinks i want to do something about my hair loss. My wife doesn;t want to take propecia cause we are planning to have a baby. other than that she only trust prescription med.

Adrian1

Reaction score
Propecia is prescription, but Rogaine and Nizoral are not. You can get the latter two at any drugstore. You may want to start with Propecia and Nizoral and see where you're at in a year before considering Rogaine.

Problem with starting Propecia and Rogaine at the same time is that you can't tell which one is working for you. I've experienced using each one for extended periods on their own. 18 months on Rogaine yielded pretty much nothing but frustration, an irritated, constantly greasy scalp and the royal pain of having to apply twice a day. My hairloss continued to progress. Ugh! When I stopped Rogaine and switched to Propecia (it had just come on the market), the difference was night and day. Within a year and a half I'd literally stopped thinking about my hairloss as it had completely reversed. Sides included watery semen and not much else. The point I'm trying to make here is that If I'd kept using Rogaine after starting on Propecia, I'd probably still be spending money on it and applying it twice a day, falsely thinking the two drugs were somehow "working together," when it was really just the Finasteride doing its thing.

The jury is still out on copper peptides and the anti DHT shampoos. I personally have never used them. Lots of people vouch for them. However, every physician or dermatologist I've spoken to has ruled them out as complete B.S. So... Who knows?

Good luck!

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
Adrian1 said:
Propecia is prescription, but Rogaine and Nizoral are not. You can get the latter two at any drugstore. You may want to start with Propecia and Nizoral and see where you're at in a year before considering Rogaine.

Problem with starting Propecia and Rogaine at the same time is that you can't tell which one is working for you. I've experienced using each one for extended periods on their own. 18 months on Rogaine yielded pretty much nothing but frustration, an irritated, constantly greasy scalp and the royal pain of having to apply twice a day. My hairloss continued to progress. Ugh! When I stopped Rogaine and switched to Propecia (it had just come on the market), the difference was night and day. Within a year and a half I'd literally stopped thinking about my hairloss as it had completely reversed. Sides included watery semen and not much else. The point I'm trying to make here is that If I'd kept using Rogaine after starting on Propecia, I'd probably still be spending money on it and applying it twice a day, falsely thinking the two drugs were somehow "working together," when it was really just the Finasteride doing its thing.

The jury is still out on copper peptides and the anti DHT shampoos. I personally have never used them. Lots of people vouch for them. However, every physician or dermatologist I've spoken to has ruled them out as complete B.S. So... Who knows?

Good luck!

I'm in a very similar situation.

I've been on Rogaine for over a year now. After 6 months I saw brilliant regrowth and was on top of the World but by 9 months a lot of it had gone.

Essentially what Regaine did was create some growth but fail to underline the overall problem of male pattern baldness - the initial thinning area thickened up but with crown thinning what happens is the thinning area increases - so although I have no specific bald area I have a large area thinner than the rest of my head.

I'm taking propecia VERY soon. Seeing a doctor to try and get a prescription and put my mother (who will be paying for it simply because I can't afford to and in the end they'd only have to buy anti depressents) at ease. If not inhousepharmacy to buy some fincar/finpecia it is!

But i'm unsure as to whether to stick with regaine. I spend enough on that and dermatch as it is, but I fear I'll lose even more with regaine. Plus I've lost quite a bit recently due to not applying regaine enough (went on holiday, shared a room therefore not willing to wash off any dermatch) and hoping regaine will regrow some back because even though I still have less, regaine is odd as my hair goes through thicker and thinner stages and it may just be a thin stage. But regardless I'm stepping up to finasteride. But it'd be interesting to know IF any growth is due to the 2 or just finasteride

Adrian1

Reaction score
But i'm unsure as to whether to stick with regaine. I spend enough on that and dermatch as it is, but I fear I'll lose even more with regaine. Plus I've lost quite a bit recently due to not applying regaine enough (went on holiday, shared a room therefore not willing to wash off any dermatch) and hoping regaine will regrow some back because even though I still have less, regaine is odd as my hair goes through thicker and thinner stages and it may just be a thin stage. But regardless I'm stepping up to finasteride. But it'd be interesting to know IF any growth is due to the 2 or just finasteride

If Rogaine is causing significant growth, you may want to stick with it, but in my experience, it did next to nothing and wasn't worth the headache.

Also, once you're on finasteride, it will not help you keep you "Rogaine hair" if you ever stop using Rogaine. I don't exactly understand why that is, but it's an unfortunate fact. I'd get on Propecia and Nizoral right away and forget everything else for a year. Finasteride did wonders for me for roughly six years.