Can Anti Androgens Impact Facial Hair Growth?

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m now 10 weeks on dutasteride. And in the last few weeks I’ve noticed that my facial hair is growing considerably slower than normal. I normally have to shave every 3 days. I can now go more than a week without shaving. For example I shaved yesterday morning and this morning it looks like I shaved today...virtually no growth. Has anyone else experienced this on anti androgens and is this temporary? I’m getting really freaked out about what this stuff is doing to me.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m now 10 weeks on dutasteride. And in the last few weeks I’ve noticed that my facial hair is growing considerably slower than normal. I normally have to shave every 3 days. I can now go more than a week without shaving. For example I shaved yesterday morning and this morning it looks like I shaved today...virtually no growth. Has anyone else experienced this on anti androgens and is this temporary? I’m getting really freaked out about what this stuff is doing to me.
yes, my facial hair grow slower while on finasteride too

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, my facial hair grow slower while on finasteride too
Ok. I was on finasteride for 17 months before switching to dutasteride. Never had a problem with facial hair until now. Did your facial hair growth rate ever return to normal?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. I was on finasteride for 17 months before switching to dutasteride. Never had a problem with facial hair until now. Did your facial hair growth rate ever return to normal?
yes when i stop it they grow normally

Bighairman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw a lot of dutasteride reviews (with reduced beard growth). Try to search in Google "avodart hair growth success and failure stories" and read comments