Can and should you "ride out" Propecia sides?

upyours1

Reaction score
Should you ride out any sides you have on propecia?I'm on the second week and want to know whether my erectile diffuculties will get better or not.Since it is only week 2,should I try to wait it out?I still wake up sometimes with morning wood.

upyours1

Reaction score
Another question,if the first week you had no sides,now on the second you do,could it mean your body is adjusting?Why is it that some people said they rode out sides?Is that even possible?

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
it's not insane, it's a posibility
rare but ther'is

if u don't care go ahead

according to merck sides will subside in time
if persists lessen the doses

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I'd ride it out. There are plenty of people on this forum who have had sides and had them go away with a little time.

If they're still there in six weeks or more, then I'd stop, not worth it at that point.

You'll be back to normal with in 2-3 weeks of stopping.

upyours1

Reaction score
Okay,a week later,and the horrifying 3 day "garden hose" dick I was suffering from is gone.I can now get erections from watching p**rn or thinking about sex and can get an erection through manual stimulation,sex drive is more normal now,however my morning wood has been gone for the past two weeks?This is week 2 and a half btw,.5 mg at night.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
A very large number of guys on here have no morning wood but are perfectly fine everywhere else. Use the search for some other aspects of this. I don't either but I get the night erections, just never have it right when I wake up when on the stuff.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
More often than not, I don't get morning wood. It is really situational though.. Often when I am relaxed and can sleep in (on weekends) I wake up with a raging boner. I can almost set my clock to this happening when I wake up next to my girlfriend, sleeping topless next to me! Nothing like waking up to a nice pair of tits in your face!

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry too much about losing morning wood. I have never had a problem getting it up during sex, when I actually need my penis to be hard. If you are able to perform properly during sex, what's the problem?