can all grafts grow in by 3rd month? new pic

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
how likely is it that all the transplanted hair will grow in by the third month? i look at my 1471 grafts and it all appears to be growing in. it is a bit thin but looks pretty good. so i'm just wondering if there is a possibility that all has started to sprout and this is the best it will get. i can live with it but more would be nice.

if i decided i want more density, when is a good time to know that all that has been transplanted is grown in? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Noway near at 3 months. Some people claim to experience growth up to 11/12months. Although in my opinion its more like 6months

G

Dirtrider67,

If you are experiencing that much re-growth, take it! But I concur that it's just starting to come in which are the average time frames.

Don't get another hair transplant until you have fourteen months behind the first one. WHY? Full caliper maturation will have taken place by then. Caliper is the single most critical factor in attaining the illusion of coverage, so you owe it to yourself to wait that long. The better degree of coarseness, the better visual coverage attained. :hairy:

Try to not spend more than you absolutely have to attain the visual goal you are seeking. :wink:

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
hey gillenator, thanks for you post. i value your opinion because you have been around the industry for a while. i am hoping that there is lots to of growth to come. i will take your advice and wait at least a year before i consider a second hair transplant. i guess hair is kinda like money, you just can never have enough of it! LOL. anyway, here is a 3 1/2 month pic. please give your opinions.

12-9-06001.jpg

G

No way that you have all the hairs come thorugh yet.I experienced growth right up until the 12-15 month mark.I must admit ptobably after the 6-8 month mark most of it had come through.

Damo

G

Dirtrider,

Trust me, there's more coming. Can you see the change manifesting? Even at this stage you do notice the profound change in your appearance because you're frontal zone is filling in nicely and it appears you have very good caliper. :hairy: Just wait and see what it looks like when you hit the six and nine month mark. Thanks for sharing your pics with us too! :)

G

Hey Damo,

How are you doing mate? I bet your hair is looking fabulous these days! :hairy:

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i will definitely keep updating with new pics. thanks again for the input. i can hardly wait to see what it looks like at the 1 year mark. the amazing thing about it is that it looks so natural even up close in the mirror. i can't even tell that i ever had a procedure except for the ingrown hairs from time to time. those are really a pain. the strip scar is healing pretty well. i just cut my hair down to a #4 clipper and only a little bit is showing on the right side. maybe it's because i'm right handed????

CCS

Reaction score
gillenator,

I got my transplants 7 months appart. Does that mean they won't reach full caliper, or does that just mean that I got another procedure before I knew how thick the first would be?

s.a.f

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
gillenator,

I got my transplants 7 months appart. Does that mean they won't reach full caliper, or does that just mean that I got another procedure before I knew how thick the first would be?
Dont worry!

G

Gill things are going with me.Hair is looking and holding really well, very pleased thanks mate.

Damo

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have growth at 3 months. I am approaching 5 months at Christmas.

I was wondering about overall graft growth. If we both had 1500 grafts put in at the same time. Why is it that some grow earlier than others?

For example: The 1st day I had 450 grafts planted, 2nd day 700, the third 341. How is it that alot are still sleeping? No one knows this answer

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dirtrider67 said:
i don't know LG but i wish they would all just wake up already. LOL

Have done any fist pumping in the mirror yet?

I am! It's coming in. I hope all 1491 do!

G

CCS,

Sorry about the delayed reply. No it does not mean your tranplants won't attain full caliper, but remember, that takes time for everyone. Some take longer, others can develop sooner. I have never seen any hair transplant patient develop full maturation uner 12 months though. That's why I'm so insistent for folks to give it adequate time.

As we get haircuts along the way, and the transplanted hair continues to grow, they develop more caliper. I have a fair degree of caliper to my hair however the new single hair grafts that are just coming through are extremely thin. In nine months time, I will have cut them probably three times, and they will be fatter. At twelve to fourteen months post-op they will be even fatter. And it's at that time that we can fairly evaluate the ultimate effects of our procedure.

We may conclude that we don't need as many grafts as we may have intially thought and it can save us money in the end. Only spend as much as necessary to attain your goals.

G

Dirtrider,

You're welcome. The reason those transplanted hair follicles don't all wake up at the same time is because once they enter telogen (resting) phase, they are going to rest for at least three months. Some of us are using minoxidl to jump start our grafts, but even still they come out of telogen at varying intervals.

Not all of the transplanted follicles enter telogen immediately following surgery. Most do, but some hang in anagen for awhile and you can see the grafts start growing right away. Yet some will enter telogen maybe thirty days post-op, some forty days post-op, etc. See what I mean?

But all of this is a good thing because if all of the grafts entered telogen and then later anagen at approximately the same time intervals, can you imagine how thin our recipienbt area would look if they all retreated into telogen six years later?

Look forward to your updates and thanks for keeping us in the loop! :hairy: