can air pollution accelerate male pattern baldness ?

tanaka

Reaction score
Thats what I thought too! Actually I am not supposed to have male pattern baldness. But I do apparently (which can ruin your day)
You probably can take finasteride, if you can get it online. I really don't understand why they don't prescribe them for both genders. They just (recently) approved 5% minoxidil for women in the US. Strange but true.[/QUOTE]

Thanks k9gatton,

I already take finasteride and 5% minoxidil for some years. finasteride is prescribed by my GP, so no problem getting it. But it does not seem to help in this case...

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
No...when we start balding, we desperately look for some outside reason that may have caused it but at the end of the day...genetics are genetics

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think estrogens are good for hair. Everyone should try to eat better but I wouldnt tie my hair loss to what I eat. A lot of problems though might be related to diet and exercise but male pattern baldness isnt one of them.

It is, i have also noticed that especially with the young women with short hair is that it generally looks shiner and healthy than a mans hair, where as a mans hair look duller even if they aren't experiencing male pattern baldness.

So either... 1. Testosterone causes the hair to become unhealthy looking or 2. Estrogen makes the hair look healthier, shiner and in better condition