Can adjust a bond be used with Ghost bond?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If not what else can be used? I need to be able to put the glue on my head then position the piece without it fully sticking until I am ready to finalize the position. Any suggestions?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
If not what else can be used? I need to be able to put the glue on my head then position the piece without it fully sticking until I am ready to finalize the position. Any suggestions?
Adjust-a- bond is solvent based, and should be used with solvent based adhesives. Ghost bond is water based, so a fine mist of water would delay the drying process.

You don't want to use opposing substances.

When the alcohol evaporates, acrylic adhesives cure. Likewise, as water evaporates ghostbond cures.

Applying alcohol to ghostbond would change its composition.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Water doesn't work as well somehow.
I'm sure that's what you believe, but it's simply impossible. Feel free to contact pro hair labs. They will explain that the Carrier is water and that's what causes the delay with drying.... until the water evaporates.

Is much like acrylic bonds where a solvent must evaporate to cure.

This is why white bonds cannot be made into a tape, as water doesn't "flash off" it dries somewhat slowly.

Adding alcohol to a water based formula is unwise.

Respectfully, based on your prior post, it seems you do most things to the extreme or in excess. My guess would be that you are using too much water, and having an issue. One ultrafine mist, from a distance, is all thats needed.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I wrote to Prohairlabs with this question yes. They say do not use alcohol. You are correct. But I don't notice a change in the bond with or without alcohol.