Can A Receding Hairline Or Hair Loss Stop ?

man12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 27 years old guy, had norwood 1 from 20 years old till 25 years old and it has progressed to norwood 1.5/2 2 years ago and it didn't really change since then (maybe unnoticeable changes).. but I'm constantly worried because I have thin hair on my right temple (left temple and crown are okay) the thinning started since I changed from norwood 1 to norwood 2 but it didn't progress further... should I stop worrying ? if my hair stayed the same for 2 years since I've been experiencing thinning ?

we have hair loss in our family and I'm aware that I'm gonna lose it all oneday, but will it be a slow baldness or I can lose it all in few months ? btw both of my grandfathers were completely bald at 25 and my father is 60 years old having norwood 2 with some crown thinning since 10 years and his hair is the same.

I would like to have your opinion on this guys, thank you :)

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, this is just my experience, but for me it didnt stop.

I remember at about 18 years old I noticed I had like 3 hairs (literally) missing from my right temple. I had insanelly thick hair everywhere else and besides that I was a perfect NW1. It drove me nuts, though. But I didnt get treated, I even went to a dermatologist but she thought I was crazy.

So years passed, and the right temple got somewhat worse, but everything else was alright. At about 26 years old I started using minoxidil just on my right temple to see if I could bring it back, but it steadily kept getting worse and the whole right part of my hairline started getting eaten. But still, left temple and rest of my hair were good and pretty thick, and I could get by with my long hair and combing it well.

At about 28 (10 years later) my left temple started to go little by little in a diffuse pattern, I could see the shape of my hairline but it was becoming more "transparent". Right temple kept steadily going worse. I was still using minoxidil twice every day.

Then about at about 30 the whole front of my hair, even inside of the hairline, started to be more and more see through, and the worst thing is, everything was very sudden and a lot quicker than it took for my right temple to lose ground. You can check my state right now in a thread I made to document my progress with my treatment.

I eventually had to start taking propecia about a month ago. Im 31 now. Still, I would have lost much less ground if I bit the bullet before, which I regret. Besides, I've lived 14 years (almost half of my life) with the same annoying feeling you have right now, where you are uncertain about how much longer you're going to keep your hair. I remember thinking every day if I was going to finish college with hair on my head.

So, I wouldnt count on it stopping on its own. Sometimes it does, and people live with NW2 and 3 all their lives, but I wouldnt gamble on that.
If you see clear indications that your hair is starting to go, I wouldnt waste time. It's better to do something, at least in my opinion.

Also we could give you an opinion if you posted pictures of your hairline.

Good luck!