Calling Everybody!

Papazappa

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have just two questions that i would like everyone who reads this to answer if they could.

You read all of these websites and people say after 3 months on propecia you can see results. Then on this people talk about 'Good responders' and 'Quick metabolises'. My questions to try and clear up some of this ambiguity are:
(and i know there is going to be a lot of variation but im just interested)

1. When did you're hair loss stop after commencing treatment on propecia?

2. When, if at all, did you notice regrowth after commencing propecia?

Thank you guys!

much appreciated

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on my second DAY of Propecia. :oops: I have no idea what that 3 month thing means...

The only thing I hear here is to stick it out a year. Forum posts seem to contradict all of the official word from the company but they still agree it is the best thing to try. You'll probably have a shed as some of the hair goes into the dormancy state but it SHOULD come back thicker and stronger.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't think its as cut and dry as that unfortunately, its more of a progressive thing, it isn't like one day you stop losing hair, then three months later you start only growing hair. for me, it seems, hairloss has slowed down (at 3.5 months it started slowing down really early) but i get occassional sheds that last like a week or so, but i also get regrowth on my hairline all the time (so i assume other places but its hard to measure) so basically, it all kinda happens at different times, and there is a lot of overlap. some people shed from month 5-7, then get regrowth for a while. its totally individual, unfortunately. i would love if it was just a calendar then you wouldn't have to stress knowing that at 6 months you would begin to see regrowth. i'd say if you were a "good responder" you would see your hair getting healthier at the 3 month mark, with some decent decrease in hair loss, and perhaps even a few vellus hairs popping out in front of your hairline.