Calling All Minoxidil Experts Your Opinion On This Theory

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score

viperfish

Reaction score
I used to buy products from HLCC and your right I pretty much broke the bank. I used their HLCC complete (supplement) for awhile about 6 months. Nothing really happened. I agree they have some pretty crazy things on there for improving the absorption of minoxidil all the way to laser therapy (which they highly recommend and would probably cost you a fortune at their clinics). I did use that special cleaning agent too, but not with the minoxidil.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
I used to buy products from HLCC and your right I pretty much broke the bank. I used their HLCC complete (supplement) for awhile about 6 months. Nothing really happened. I agree they have some pretty crazy things on there for improving the absorption of minoxidil all the way to laser therapy (which they highly recommend and would probably cost you a fortune at their clinics). I did use that special cleaning agent too, but not with the minoxidil.

Viperfish,

I guess that says it all.

Thanks

Nixon's Head

Reaction score
Salicylic Acid that is in t/sal shampoo and others is very effective at breaking down this "plug" of subum (sic, whatever) that is why is is in most acne treatments. However, there is no indication whatsoever that minoxidil has to get into the hair follicle in order to work. In fact most resarch indicateds that it is absorbed through the skin and it is not the entering of the hair folicle that does it. Also, most of us are happy with the results that minoxidil has given us. By the way, it is either vitamin b5 or something closely related.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought minoxidil widens the blood vessels that are attached to the follical, not the follical itself

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Matt_In_Houston said:
I always rub a little Retin A in with my minoxidil.... :)

So how is the Retin A working out for you. Have you been on it since day one?