Calf Baldness - anyone else get this?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And you have way more hair on your shins/lower legs than I do, so it's more noticeable. You see this a lot with guys in their 40s and later. Mine is more concentrated on the backside of my leg, below my calves.

When I was in high school, the hair on my lower legs was so thick and long it would lay over about half an inch on the tops of my athletic socks. This was the case until I was about 25 and then it just gradually started thinning out.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the problem right where my socks start.
That looks just kind of normal to me. Only Hobbits have hair that goes all the way down to their feet.

What I read is that the same thing that causes male pattern baldness on the head causes it on the actual calf muscles. Look at guys in shorts. Half of them will have bald calves. Once you know about it, it suddenly stands out everywhere. But before you do it doesn't because nobody (except Lumalux apparently :p) cares whether they have hair on their calves or not.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks just kind of normal to me. Only Hobbits have hair that goes all the way down to their feet.

What I read is that the same thing that causes male pattern baldness on the head causes it on the actual calf muscles. Look at guys in shorts. Half of them will have bald calves. Once you know about it, it suddenly stands out everywhere. But before you do it doesn't because nobody (except Lumalux apparently :p) cares whether they have hair on their calves or not.
I'll admit it does bother me. The curious thing is the hair picks up again at my feet. Tops of my feet and toes are hairy. I have wide hobbit feet BTW.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my legs are ridiculously hairy all over. i actually am slightly insecure about it sometimes. funny how you'd rather have it like that. lol.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you want to be so hairy? Are you one of those "bears"?
Yes. I'm a dude that finds other hairy dudes attractive. It's just the way it is. There are plenty of us. I'd consider myself an otter since I am not a big guy. And I hope I don't get flamed for sharing this. We're all on this site to talk about hair and how to make it grow.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little known fact ... male pattern baldness effects your calves as well as your head. Not in everyone, some people get one or the other. Some get neither. I got both.

Anyone else have this?

Unfortunately the image upload feature doesn't work for me, so I just have to post links. After reading the MSM thread, I'm having a crack at that. I will be interesting to see if makes any difference on my calves. Not that I care one jot about having hairy legs. But just for reference:

I wanna Kiss and lick your sexy calves boyo.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's related at all to male pattern baldness. I have zero male pattern baldness at 56 but I experienced the calf hair thinning probably starting sometime in my 40s. I hate it. I had really hairy legs in my younger years and loved how they looked. I now have typical old man legs, with fairly hairy thighs and knees, but it disappears on the backside of my legs and is thin on my shins. It picks up again right above my feet. It's not related to socks because I rarely wear them.

Applying topical to my legs for one year did nothing to bring it back. Oral Minoxidil and dermarolling has not worked either, though it's making hair grow elsewhere. I have concluded that the leg hair issue is either low T, thyroid, or related to circulation. I plan to talk to an endocrinologist to see if we can determine the cause.

I would give absolutely anything to have really hairy legs.
Lol ur a real alpha male.. i wish i had no hair at all its sexy to be smooth all over makes me turned on of myself.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I'm a dude that finds other hairy dudes attractive. It's just the way it is. There are plenty of us. I'd consider myself an otter since I am not a big guy. And I hope I don't get flamed for sharing this. We're all on this site to talk about hair and how to make it grow.
Anyone who flames you for that is an idiot. Who cares who strangers like to cuddle? All the power to you friend. I had a mate who I played rugby with who was confided in me that he found big hairy guys really attractive. Later he "came out of the closet" and got a boyfriend who looked like a biker on steroids. Massive beard, huge hairy shoulders, etc. And he described him as a "bear" ... that's how I learned the term.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who flames you for that is an idiot. Who cares who strangers like to cuddle? All the power to you friend. I had a mate who I played rugby with who was confided in me that he found big hairy guys really attractive. Later he "came out of the closet" and got a boyfriend who looked like a biker on steroids. Massive beard, huge hairy shoulders, etc. And he described him as a "bear" ... that's how I learned the term.
Thank you for the considerate reply.

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man, when you called yourself an otter, I had a genuine good chuckle. fair play to you. to each his own haha! Well, maybe I'll stop worrying about how hairy my legs are then lol.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man, when you called yourself an otter, I had a genuine good chuckle. fair play to you. to each his own haha! Well, maybe I'll stop worrying about how hairy my legs are then lol.
Hairy legs are really alpha. I see it and I think it looks really masculine. For God's sake, do not fight it. Embrace it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairy legs are really alpha. I see it and I think it looks really masculine. For God's sake, do not fight it. Embrace it.
Hmm well I shaved my legs before a couple of times and felt so sexy and smooth afterwards ready for 10 dicks up my ***.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm well I shaved my legs before a couple of times and felt so sexy and smooth afterwards ready for 10 dicks up my ***.
My brother shaves his legs because he is a competitive cyclist, and I think it makes his legs look our mom's.