By Which Mechanism Do You Think Balding Occurs?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about the galea theory lately because it explains many things such as why the Norwood pattern is precisely that way. A mechanism I find plausible is:

Compression or tension of the galea -> Restriction of blood vessels to the hair follicles -> Inflammation sets in -> due to inflammation DHT is sent to the scalp -> TGF-β expression increases -> calcification of blood vessels -> hair miniaturization

The first big question is why this tension of the galea happens in the first place. I've read some hypotheses, amongst other things genetic factors. Another hypothesis was about bad body posture stretching the muscles around the neck which in turn create tension of the galea ( https://tmdocclusion.com/2018/07/14/more-on-hair-loss/ ).

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How you reduce this tension? Microneedling + minoxidil?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How you reduce this tension? Microneedling + minoxidil?
Microneedling and scalp massages help but don't think they can replace finasteride lol. Also there is that botox study that showed some improvement in hair density, so you could use botox.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's caused by sun exposure. That's why it's only on the top. You have to spray sunscreen in your hair to stop it.