Buzzfeed's Feature on Men's Hair Loss

jd_uk

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we think about it, our society is getting shallower, and women are extremely influenced by the media, and what they see on their social networks.

It's the gospel for them, and it's made of positive lines telling them they should have casual encounters with tall hot NW1 men, not settle, travel, focus on their career, and then maybe give some poor 30 year old NW6 the chance to raise the child she had with her hot NW1.

She can then keep on posting deep quotes on Facebook about how she's strong and independent and how men are dumb, with their female friends who made the same mistakes commenting: "you go girl!"

Where do bald men fit into all this? Laughing stocks and exploited beta providers who can hope to have vanilla sex with worn-out sl*ts once in a blue moon.

Somewhere in that there is some truth. However, much of it is on how the man acts. A man with a genuinely alpha male mindset will never be that guy, bald or not. However it is becoming harder in a society which is so feminised. You need to be stronger to deal with being bald and the BS that the media and society propogates.

I have wondered what it would be like to live in a more masculine country...one of the eastern european ones..Poland, Russia etc... where often you see the guys shave their heads by choice. Many of those men wouldn't give the slightest f*ck about baldness. As it happens, the women in those countries are generally way more pretty and feminine too in my opinion.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alpha isn't in one man's mindset, it's by definition in the mindset of everyone else.

jd_uk

Reaction score
There is no alpha mindset, it doesn't mean anything!

You couldn't be more wrong and i know personally guys who certainly are not 'good looking' but blast through any rejectjons and get attractive women anyway. I know a guy (cage fighter) who looks a bit overweight most of the time, receded hairline, unkempt beard and a nose at right angles to his face. He did the best out of any of my mates with girls and specifically noted that 'most guys are p*ssies who only care about how they look'. His girlfriend is probably a 8 to 9/10 objectively and a barrister earning big money.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether you're alpha or not is determined by your genes, not your attitude.

A short skinny NW4 man will never appear alpha next to a tall, handsome and muscular guy.

Let's be realistic here.

Absolutely correct.

Jd uk is mostly out to lunch. We should not expect much better from a walking contradiction ... Why spend time writing twenty posts a day on a baldness forum to argue that baldness doesn't matter?

A true Alpha would have better opportunities with his time.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong and i know personally guys who certainly are not 'good looking' but blast through any rejectjons and get attractive women anyway. I know a guy (cage fighter) who looks a bit overweight most of the time, receded hairline, unkempt beard and a nose at right angles to his face. He did the best out of any of my mates with girls and specifically noted that 'most guys are p*ssies who only care about how they look'. His girlfriend is probably a 8 to 9/10 objectively and a barrister earning big money.

He's got the body of a cage fighter.

Women might even be smelling his testosterone without even seeing him enter the room.

His beard is unkempt because he's so ****ing hot to women he doesn't need to care.

jd_uk

Reaction score
He's got the body of a cage fighter.

Women might even be smelling his testosterone without even seeing him enter the room.

His beard is unkempt because he's so ****ing hot to women he doesn't need to care.

I am in better physical shape than him. Apart from when he cuts weight he is overweight. I guess you would have to see it. His attitude is everything. He has 'balls'. He actually says that his fighting gives him the ability to not give a f*ck about any rejection... "after being punched in the face women are nothing..."

- - - Updated - - -

Good observation. But let JD think it's his attitude that's making women wet. In fact, he's just another meathead with no self-awareness playing the numbers game.

Hell, if I did that, I would be swimming in pussy, too bad I have some self-esteem and most importantly, other things to do with my time.

'Other things to do with my time'. Only recently have i realised just how many boards etc you have posted on with the same name, saying exactly the same thing.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in better physical shape than him. Apart from when he cuts weight he is overweight. I guess you would have to see it. His attitude is everything. He has 'balls'. He actually says that his fighting gives him the ability to not give a f*ck about any rejection... "after being punched in the face women are nothing..."

I think you are generally right to affirm that attitude can make up for at least a part of the difference in looks.

Among men and among women.

However, your argument has two points I don't totally agree with, if I may:

a. Your example is extreme. Not anyone can be a cage-fighter and absorb the mentality of it. You have to have the physique, and guts. So we're back to square one pertaining genes as determining a lot of your walk of life.

b. Having balls: it's not something you can buy for yourself, or grow, apart from the saying "grow a pair". Some of us have a tendency to anxiety or depression and never can "grow a pair".
But hey, depressed beautiful people are maudit (see Kurt Cobain, whom I love myself). Ugly depressed people are losers.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in better physical shape than him. Apart from when he cuts weight he is overweight.
Honest question, what's your IQ and highest level of education?

You really come off as having a poor ability to follow information and deal with facts in a rational and coherent manner.

You're not in a better physical shape than him in the ways that matter to attracting woman. Perhaps you could run a faster marathon time ... what do you think is sexier to most women, the physical fitness of a marathon runner or a cage fighter? Here, I'll give you some images. Imagine these two guys go chasing women and compete ... who do you think will have hotter sex?

images-32.jpeg

PCn1n3tdpezWtsdxN6Ie.jpg

The guy with lower body fat and more hair? Or the Cage fighter?

Seriously man, stop with the really dumb arguments. You're not in better shape than the cage fighter unless your friend is the absolute worst cage fighter, where shape is defined as what women find sexy.

Though according to your post above, the NW1 who is slim is also in better physical shape, so you probably argue that he gets laid more and has better sex.

jd_uk

Reaction score
So gets rejected, a lot, that's all we needed to know.

Everyone does in a real life situation. I swear you have barely stepped outside of your bedroom outside of an online dating situation. I have friends who are typically very good looking and friends like this guy who are not tall, not 'pretty' or stereotypically good looking in any way but are much better at 'pulling' women. You can spend the next 10 years of your life in your bedroom telling every forum that will listen (hair loss and non hair loss related) that women will only ever respond to visuals but it doesn't change what many men in the world already know from real life experience.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we think about it, our society is getting shallower, and women are extremely influenced by the media, and what they see on their social networks.

It's the gospel for them, and it's made of positive lines telling them they should have casual encounters with tall hot NW1 men, not settle, travel, focus on their career, and then maybe give some poor 30 year old NW6 the chance to raise the child she had with her hot NW1.

She can then keep on posting deep quotes on Facebook about how she's strong and independent and how men are dumb, with their female friends who made the same mistakes commenting: "you go girl!"

Where do bald men fit into all this? Laughing stocks and exploited beta providers who can hope to have vanilla sex with worn-out sl*ts once in a blue moon.

9v68YaU.gif

Laughing so hard because this is all tragically, but undeniably so true! Great post!

jd_uk

Reaction score
Honest question, what's your IQ and highest level of education?

You really come off as having a poor ability to follow information and deal with facts in a rational and coherent manner.

You're not in a better physical shape than him in the ways that matter to attracting woman. Perhaps you could run a faster marathon time ... what do you think is sexier to most women, the physical fitness of a marathon runner or a cage fighter? Here, I'll give you some images. Imagine these two guys go chasing women and compete ... who do you think will have hotter sex?

images-32.jpeg

PCn1n3tdpezWtsdxN6Ie.jpg

The guy with lower body fat and more hair? Or the Cage fighter?

Seriously man, stop with the really dumb arguments. You're not in better shape than the cage fighter unless your friend is the absolute worst cage fighter, where shape is defined as what women find sexy.

Though according to your post above, the NW1 who is slim is also in better physical shape, so you probably argue that he gets laid more and has better sex.

I am in better shape than him 'period'. I lift more weights, i could run quicker, i can do more pull ups etc etc. He definitely has more 'balls' than me though in terms of women. I don't do so bad, but he does better. He does better than our far 'prettier' friends who don't have the first clue.

Are you genuinely, really asking for my level of IQ and education because your cuckold mindset can't understand anyting else?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh so you mean there are other ways to become an "alpha" male without hair? What a realization! If you listened to what Fred has to say, unless you are a tall, muscular NW1, you are a "beta" male. Jeez, there is some serious confirmation bias going on in these arguments...

Alpha status in the real world is a combination of factors:

Race
Height
looks (many dimensions)
Professional recognition

If you think back to high school the most popular kids were a combination of the richest kids and the most beautiful kids. You can be an alpha in many different ways. If you are missing in one vector you can compensate with the other vectors, and even more than compensate. Doesn't change the fact you're still starting a little behind.

I know nobel prize winners who are short. They ooze alphaness because everyone respects them and because they command significant social and financial resources.

Hillary Clinton might become the top alpha male of the Earth, in spite of having no balls, because she compensates by being utterly ruthless. There is no third world child she won't bomb if it means boosting approval rating, and a lot of people love her for that.

Sometimes, someone who is bald or short or fat can be the alpha if he is in a room surrounded by even more pathetic people.

Regardless, it's somewhat of a continuous scale, the more assets you have, the better you'll do.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in better shape than him 'period'. I lift more weights, i could run quicker, i can do more pull ups etc etc. He definitely has more 'balls' than me though in terms of women. I don't do so bad, but he does better. He does better than our far 'prettier' friends who don't have the first clue.

Are you genuinely, really asking for my level of IQ and education because your cuckold mindset can't understand anyting else?

Would you beat him in a fight?

No?

Then you're not in better shape "period".

jd_uk

Reaction score
Alpha status in the real world is a combination of factors:

Race
Height
looks (many dimensions)
Professional recognition

If you think back to high school the most popular kids were a combination of the richest kids and the most beautiful kids. You can be an alpha in many different ways. If you are missing in one vector you can compensate with the other vectors, and even more than compensate. Doesn't change the fact you're still starting a little behind.

I know nobel prize winners who are short. They ooze alphaness because everyone respects them and because they command significant social and financial resources.

Hillary Clinton might become the top alpha male of the Earth, in spite of having no balls, because she compensates by being utterly ruthless. There is no third world child she won't bomb if it means boosting approval rating, and a lot of people love her for that.

Sometimes, someone who is bald or short or fat can be the alpha if he is in a room surrounded by even more pathetic people.

Regardless, it's somewhat of a continuous scale, the more assets you have, the better you'll do.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you beat him in a fight?

No?

Then you're not in better shape "period".

Sorry i forgot that technique or fighting experience were remotely relevant. I also mistakenly thought that we were talking about physical shape and body appearance.

What was your IQ by the way because you aren't coming across as so sharp?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry i forgot that technique or fighting experience were remotely relevant. I also mistakenly thought that we were talking about physical shape and body appearance.
Again: assuming your friend is actually a *good* cage fighter: He probably has better speed, hand-eye coordination, aggression, body rhythm, reaction time, and so on. Women notice these things.

Why do you think the dance floor is a human mating ritual?

Do you actually not understand this? Holy ****.

What was your IQ by the way because you aren't coming across as so sharp?
That's cute, but I asked first.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the animal world, birds are similar in that female birds are mostly quite plain but male birds have all the colorful plumage. It seems we are going towards that model of sexual selection rather than the one that currently exists. Let this go on long enough and you'll have a bunch of pretty boys running around while females become less and less attractive... at least theoretically that seems to be the possibility

I agree, I see an awful lot of this... average, plain jane-looking girls with really good looking nw1 guys... These girls are often very masculine and dominant in their behaviour, while the nw1 male is feminine, beta and just looking for an easy, low maintenance relationship, where he can cheat freely with better looking girls behind her back, but at the same time be at very low risk of being cheated on himself, as the gf is too unattractive to attract males on his level regularly.

I personally think it is very possible for hyper-masculine, baldy, beefcake dudes with the so called "alpha-persona" to bag the hot, feminine, high maintenance girls with all the big hair and make up and heels etc, but who wants to put up with that for a long term relationship? Jheeeez effort (** hence why you see so many nw1 model looking guys with plane jane's)...

The problem for bald dudes of course comes when you just want the modest, low maintenance girl next door type, e.g. actual settle-down, girlfriend material... these girls will almost always want a guy with a full head of hair!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, and exactly my point. Sure baldness is not the ideal state, however, other qualities ultimately determine your status. It is the aggregate of all of your qualities and conditions, together with society's current standards that determine whether you are alpha. Regardless, anyone and everyone can be alpha, it depends on the people surrounding them and the situation they are facing. The ridiculous part of this discussion is that everyone is different and in different situations, so to make absolute statements placing importance on one quality over others is absolute nonsense. You can all argue for another 100 years and you would all still be "wrong" because of all the different permutations of status of everyone who jumps into the conversation. It is a never ending argument because one side is trying to get the other side to admit to being wrong while the variables, and the game, each one is playing is totally different than the next person's.

One thing that everyone knows for sure is that Androgenetic Alopecia affects us all - Androgenetic Alopecia will NOT determine your situation, but it will influence it. It is up to you to compensate as much as possible. And yes, you all laugh when it is brought up but confidence can be perceived as a positive trait and can just as easily influence someone's status as something else. Will it influence as much as hair? I don't know, that's like comparing potatoes with strawberries; but to just dismiss it seems like flawed logic.

Please point to the post where anybody on this forum said that "hair is everything".

jd_uk

Reaction score
I don't, I rarely get rejected, because I use something called intuition. I know when a girl isn't interested.

You don't know if these guys are pulling women. You want to think it's the case. But women are just like men.

They don't care if a fat below average girl makes them laugh and is very confident, they want a hot girl.

Shocking truth that you don't want to admit to yourself: women are exactly the same! They want a hot guy who's also nice.

I've seen uglier men trying to get the favors of women, it's pathetic to watch. One night, this redhead guy was trying everything in his power to draw a girl's attention to him.

I just stayed on the side, watching him, her, smiling at her, being quiet, at a point, he started talking to other people. I just told the girl: "let's sit downstairs".

After a very short boring conversation about where she came from and what she was doing, I was making out with her.

This alpha, dancing monkey, "so funny" guy winning the girl over is such BS. It's all about your looks and your compatibility with the girl.

I didn't read anything beyond the first few sentences because it's your broken record on repeat. You will never believe that a guy who is not 'stereotypically good looking' can do well with women based on his behaviour because you've never had the 'balls' to try. Like most men you want to sit around and wait to have a woman show interest or just use dating sites which are safer. I have seen so many of your posts now not just on this site but floating around the internet.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't read anything beyond the first few sentences because it's your broken record on repeat. You will never believe that a guy who is not 'stereotypically good looking' can do well with women based on his behaviour because you've never had the 'balls' to try. Like most men you want to sit around and wait to have a woman show interest or just use dating sites which are safer. I have seen so many of your posts now not just on this site but floating around the internet.

You're relying on a limited definition of "good-looking" if you think that any genuine cage fighter is not.

You're starting from the assumption that the Hanson brothers define male sexiness.

90s-old-hanson-431x300-500x375c.jpg

They don't.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In case it's not clear to third parties following this,

I'm arguing that "looks" includes factors that don't show up in a photograph, such as smell, their voice, and body rhythm. Body rhythm includes how a person moves, their reaction time, their hand-eye coordination, and so on. I'm using "looks" as a figure of speech to refer to non-personality factors.

A cage fighter -- a good one -- can probably pull in women even if he's bald lol, I mean do you really think the guy below is an incel?

images-32.jpeg

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you agree that hair is not the only thing that determines status then?

If so, then other people's comments regarding the importance of other variables (such as confidence for one) shouldn't be as incendiary as they seem to be.

In regards to the predominance of "hair is everything" on this forum, a cursory advanced search in google (for this site) for that exact sentence brings up plenty of results:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22hair+is+everything%22+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairlosstalk.com%2F&oq=%22hair+is+everything%22+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairlosstalk.com%2F&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.307j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

--

Since you are keen on bringing up people's IQ, i invite you to use stronger arguments when countering others; you are not necessarily dealing with an amateur debater

I think other factors matter, I don't include confidence in those factors.

People are confident if they have a track record of success, as such confidence correlates with success and people mistake cause for effect.

A very good-looking man will be very confident in his ability to pick up women, because he succeeds a lot. That doesn't mean that the confidence causes him to succeed.

I'm pretty sure I've only brought up jd_uk's IQ in this thread, but it's 1:00am and I'm sleepless, let me know if I'm in error.