Buzzed head and applying rogaine/minoxidil

phillips

Reaction score
Hi im a young lad from Melbourne, another one who picked up on hair loss too late, currently 19 years old with little to no receeding but thinning all over and a bald/thin spot at the back. My question pretty much to you guys is would the application of minoxidil be different for shaved heads, i buzz once a week to a #1 otherwise the thinning just looks a litte silly. I used to rub it in fairly vigerously, but after reading something on here i have started letting it dry in on its own, this has lead to a huge increase in irritation and itchyness... which i am at a loss to explain???
My fathers side are all norwood 6s but mothers side all have far too much hair, so i guess i missed on the flip of the coin. I have been applying minoxidil for 6 months(need to use 2ml morning and night due to thinning all over), first 3 months 2.5% and now 5%, been taking propecia for 4 months but it's all very expensive. I feel i would be a lot worse off without the big 3 and am still hoping for a little bit more.
Just wondering if anyone has seen success using the big 3 on badly thinning hair that is still Norwood 1?? Im also developing bald/thinning spots on the side of my head were my father still has hair at 60?
Any response would be greatly appreciated as i would love to keep my hairline, but i know my days are numbered.
Thankyou..