Buzzcut... positive, negative, or neutral for hair regrowth?

Piccolo

Reaction score
I think that with all the greasy rogaine I have on my scalp all day that this is the only hair cut left that looks ok on me, but I can't imagine cutting your hair down to the stem being very healthy for it. Does anyone know if it matters?

I worry because I used to buzz my whole head with the same length razor and the male pattern baldness wasn't noticable, but a few months ago I saw that it had become very noticable and had to switch to a shorter razor for the sides. Now if I ever want it to look good, I have to go to a barber and get it faded properly instead of doing it all myself for free. It's probably just the male pattern baldness resisting treatment, but I am slightly paranoid about the constant buzzing possibly contributing

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
keeping hair buzzed makes no difference to male pattern baldness.

Although, keeping it short helps you get proper coverage and less wastage in the application of topical medications.

fallenfeather

Reaction score
I buzz mine with an electric face shaver, so it's as short as you can possibly get it, right down to the skin and I don't think it makes a negative difference to regrowth. I actually believe it's brings positve benefits. If the new hairs are kept incredibly short then they aren't suceptable to being tugged at or pulled out by combing or scratching or putting hats on and off. Also, applying minoxidil is a breeze when you have no hair in the way. Getting proper coverage is easy and it doesn't take so long to dry.