Buying crap online.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never bought anything online, im interested getting a perfume on E-bay which costs 1/2 then it would at local market, now im little suspicious about buying online.
two things,
1) how do i know E-bay (the guy who sells the item) is good for it?
2) price - item cost around 50 US + 30 for shipping global. any ideas how to find out if ill have to pay the customs aswell?

HughJass

Reaction score
I'd be a bit suspicious about the half price thing too.

Just read his feedback. If people have bought it before and are happy then you're probably good to go.

I'd test it on your neighbour's pet or something like that before giving it to somebody or using it yourself. Just in case.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
I'd test it on your neighbour's pet or something like that before giving it to somebody or using it yourself. Just in case.

that doesn't provoke paranoia at all.... :shock:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some things like clothes look a bit crap when you get them, but with perfume you should be fine. Like they say just go by the feedback rating.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually go with the feedback. If the seller has 90-100% positive feedback, then he/she should be good for it.

Also, 50% cheaper is possible. Think about it, the seller doesn't rent a shop, doesn't pay salary to shop assistants, doesn't charge you VAT, etc.

As for the customs, ask people around you if they have received anything through the post from abroad. Many countries usually ignore small packages upto a certain value.