Buying A Wig For The First Time And Where To Buy Them

what2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone.i am new here

I am actually 25 years old and a norwood level 3.I would like to start wearing a wig and i dont have a clue where to begin with.I have my sides which is thinning as well.I think i might have retrograde alopecia.So i am thinking of going full wig. Compared to wearing a hair piece covering the top of the head only and a full wig,whats the difference?does one require more maintenance?
My hair is shedding at a high speed and its been nearly 4 years i am balding and its taking too much of my time constantly thinking about it.I dont want to try medication and i would actually like to go for the wig route by the end of the year.I dont intend to wear it forever.just till my late 30s
I have no idea at all about the different types of wigs and technicals words etc.So i would really appreciate if someone could guide me a little bit.Also are there any good places in Europe where they actually manufacture wigs based on your measures.A saloon where i could be give more information and how to put the wig correctly etc
Looking forward to some answers.Have a good day everyone

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wigs, are generally meant to be temporary, while a hair system (partial or full cap) are meant to be attached, generally by adhesive, and will stay on longer. You can pull a wig over your existing hair (you usually wear something in between, like a stocking, I don't know what it's called). It tends to be more, mobile and more easily dislodged. You also can't shower, sleep, or play sports in it. Wigs, generally do not show any scalp and are usually do not allow you to expose your hairline unless they have a lace front.

With a hair system (partial or full cap), you are generally required to clip or shave off your remaining natural hair for the adhesive to properly adhere to the base. Some hair systems are attached with clips in the back, and adhesive in the front.

Most hair systems are manufactured in China, and companies are the world will offer you stock systems, or custom, made to order. The made to order systems will more perfectly match your head shape, hair color, and texture and required hair density, than a stock system. There is only one company I know of that actually manufactures them in Europe, Cesare Ragazzi. These are incredibly expensive, and from what I have read on here, and other websites, is that they are not worth the cost, of up to 4 to 6 times more what you will pay anywhere else.

I will not that some people here have gotten excellent results from stock systems, so I won't discount them. You do have the option of a much quicker solution.

A hair system will give you the option of different base materials, based on your lifestyle, body chemistry, etc. I won't even begin to list the options. Most good companies that have websites that advertise hair systems will show you all the options, and explain the reasons behind them.

I am sure some of the more experienced folks will chime in with places for you to get more advice.

what2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you for your answer baldbearded
I actually though wigs and hair system meant the same thing.
So i guess i meant hair system.The thing is i dont know the technical terms and how to make sure you choose one correctly for your head circumference and all and i would like to know if there are any places in Europe where you can actually have a consultation for you to discuss about the type of hair piece you want and all and also where they will teach you how to use it correctly etc. Once i acquired enough knowledge i will then start ordering one on my own

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you for your answer baldbearded
I actually though wigs and hair system meant the same thing.
So i guess i meant hair system.The thing is i dont know the technical terms and how to make sure you choose one correctly for your head circumference and all and i would like to know if there are any places in Europe where you can actually have a consultation for you to discuss about the type of hair piece you want and all and also where they will teach you how to use it correctly etc. Once i acquired enough knowledge i will then start ordering one on my own

You are certainly welcome.

First, let me point you to a website that has a link to a Youtube channel with a huge amount of information. The owner started out using a salon, and has now switched to doing everything DIY. Was so successful, that we started a hair system company, but they are located in the USA.

https://www.myhairexperience.com

As for Europe, @Noah griff has TONS of info., and I am certainly willing to share with you the people I am using, based in Madrid. I will send you a PM about them.

Best of luck, and don't hesitate to ask all the questions you need to.

Steve

ChrisPratty

My Regimen
Reaction score

I am actually 25 years old and a norwood level 3.I would like to start wearing a wig and i dont have a clue where to begin with.I have my sides which is thinning as well.I think i might have retrograde alopecia.So i am thinking of going full wig. Compared to wearing a hair piece covering the top of the head only and a full wig,whats the difference?does one require more maintenance?
My hair is shedding at a high speed and its been nearly 4 years i am balding and its taking too much of my time constantly thinking about it.I dont want to try medication and i would actually like to go for the wig route by the end of the year.I dont intend to wear it forever.just till my late 30s
I have no idea at all about the different types of wigs and technicals words etc.So i would really appreciate if someone could guide me a little bit.Also are there any good places in Europe where they actually manufacture wigs based on your measures.A saloon where i could be give more information and how to put the wig correctly etc
Since Steve has already covered most of the points regarding wigs and hair systems. And he is right about everything. As Steve mentioned that the European manufacturers are incredibly expensive, I would recommend connecting directly with the guys who design, manufacture, and distribute hair systems. This will cut out the middlemen and you will end up saving more.

I bought my first hair system offline but now I have shifted to online buying. However, doing that for the first time could be complex for some. Here is a blog reading which will introduce you all the best options to buying online,
https://www.lordhair.com/blog/where-buy-good-wigs-online/
https://www.simplywigs.co.uk/blog/shopping-for-wigs-online/

Here some tips that will help you getting a good hair system product for the first time:
  1. Look for hair systems that come with at least a month’s guarantee.

2. Chat with hair system companies to gain further clarity on their products before buying. PM if you need questions that you must ask!

3. Don’t spend more than $1000 on a custom hair system!

4. Buy from a hair system supplier that also offer cut-in services.
I hope you found this helpful.

Beauty101

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you want to cover the entire head, then wigs might be a good choice for you (https://www.perfectlocks.com/products/straight-full-lace-wig) . Wigs cover the entire head which provides a complete change in hairstyle or hair color. Wigs can be styled in many ways to give you a complete transformation, and they are easy to use, especially for individuals who want a quick change. You can also try hair extension, as it can add length, volume, or both to natural hair but they are only applied to particular areas and not the entire head.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The original post is from almost 6 years ago and he hasn't logged in since 2019. I don't think you'll get any response.

I would guess that user Beauty101 is simply plugging their own service.