business dress rules are stacked against balding men

Brandles

Reaction score
It's ironic that men are told to focus on their careers once their looks start fading due to hair loss. For most this will be done in an office.Well, it's hard to operate in an environment that seems HELLBENT on making you feel like ****.

I prefer a little bit of scruff. Clean shaven is a must for work. Ok, that's a small compromise to make for a pay packet.

+ White shirt.

Now we have problems.

Clean shaven (no contrast to draw the eyes down) + white shirt + pale skin: this is a combination from hell for men suffering hair loss. Who designed this nightmare? :woot:

I feel like there is one big conspiracy out to get me. Well no I don't, I guess this is just another example of a hostile world for hair loss sufferers, there's no escape from being exposed, mentally, physically, emotionally.

I wonder how those slybald guys do it? What happens when they HAVE to shave EVERYDAY for work? Even Jason Stratham looks sickly without some scruff and a tan.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Poigniant observation, although I'm sure it's not meant to target bald guys (we are by default targets) it's an unfortunate coincidence that the bald man's plight is not considered. I'm grateful I don't work in an office environment as I can imagine that would be hell for a bald guy. I guess working for the city wearing a bright orange hard hat would be the perfect job for a bald guy.