burning scalp syndrome (trichodynia)

dw99

Reaction score
has anyone successfully beaten this sh*t? i'm not talking about flaking and itching of the scalp here... just those that are experiencing burning, stinging pain in their scalp. i get it just in the area where i am thinning (front right side of hair... left side is perfect) and it's annoying as all hell and i think is contributing greatly to my loss. also, it only seems to flare up when i'm thinking about it or my hair loss. when i'm totally immersed in something else is magically disappears.

i'm thinking of seeing a psychiatrist for my anxiety/ocd. maybe he/she will prescibe a med that will help reduce substance p and get rid of this burning. so yeah, anyone do anything to alleviate this evil condition?

giggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
yes

I have eliminated it completely.. didnt take long but just figured out that anxiety was f*****g up my nervous system and causing the pain to localise in the scalp...refer below

read my following post:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=5395&highlight=

I have used anti depressants to cure my scalp pain. Since I have been on anti depressants, I do not worry aboyut hair loss that much anymore, my anxiety levels are right down, and this has all translated into a general better hair loss situation for me...

dw99

Reaction score
thanks for the reply giggsy. i just have two more questions:

1. what antidepressant are you using?

2. once the trichodynia went away, did you continue to lose hair or did your hair loss slow down?

thanks!

giggsy

Established Member
Reaction score

1) I use aropax (aka paxil)

2) yes my scalp condition has improved and my hairloss situation has stabilised...bearing in mind I am on the big 3.

You must use Nizoral 3x a week and try folligen as well (amazing product this one). Scalp condition is great as a result.